B.P.Ed Stands for Bachelor of Physical Education. It is a graduation degree which is mainly 2 years of duration. In this degree, students are taught about the technique that is useful to maintain the fitness of the human body. Students who have a keen interest and have a passion for sports and games can choose this course for their career. This will help you to opt for a good job career in their desired field. In this article, we are going to provide all the vital information related to B.P.Ed course in BHU.
- The candidate must have scored 50% marks in 10+2 and should have participated in any Inter-College /Inter-Zonal /district /school competition in any games and sports recognized by the AIV/IOA/SGFI/Government of India.
- A candidate who has a bachelor’s degree in physical education and has scored 45% marks along with 3 years of teaching experience may also apply for this course.
- No physically challenged candidates are allowed to do this course.
Age: The maximum age required for this course is 25 years, and the minimum age is 17 years. The age of the Candidate should not exceed more than the mentioned above.
For taking admission in BHU for Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.ED), a candidate must go through Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test(BHU-UET). The candidate who qualifies this entrance test are called for counseling.
After this, the candidate needs to go through the physical fitness test. And the candidate who is shortlisted for this test are required to produce their sports participation certificate.
Number of seats
The total number of seats available for B.P.Ed in BHU is 62. 15% of total seats are reserved for girls candidates. If there is not a sufficient number of female candidates available, then the allocated female seat may be filled by male candidates.
B.P.Ed Fees Structure
Total fees: INR 4,214
- The first and the most prominent that the candidate should fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- The student must appear and qualify the entrance test (BHU-UET) and complete all the formalities related to the course to take admission.
- The selection of candidates will be completely based on their Merit Index in the entrance exam.
- The actual admission will start after the declaration of the results. The Admission Committee of the department will do the procedure. The Head of Department will issue e-call letters to the selected candidates to appear for counseling procedure with certain documents.
- The call letters will be available on the BHU portal, i.e., bhuonline.in . Login to the portal to download and print the call letter. The information to selected candidates will prevail through their provided E-Mail I’d or Mobile Number. Candidates are advised to give correct information.
- The hostels are allotted to the students on the basis of the Merit Index and distance of the college from their residence.
Career Option and Job Prospectus-:
a candidate who has pursued B.P.Ed courses can take up different types of jobs in the field of sports. Graduates are also hired by various sports club and sports team to provide training. Candidates who have good and skill communication can also become a sports journalist. The candidate may also go for a private training centre of their own and they can start their business venture in sports.
The candidate may also go for:
- Physical Education Teacher
- Gym Trainer
- Umpire/ Referee
- Sports Goods Manufacturing and Marketing Executive
- Sports Trainer
- Sports Journalist
- Soft Skill Trainer
- Sports Administrator
- Fitness In-charge
- Sports Photojournalist
- Yoga Trainer
Hope, you find this article useful. For any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
(BHU-Express is on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel by clicking here to stay updated with all the latest campus news, admission updates & college events for free!)