B. Pharma (Ayurveda) is a 4-year Undergraduate professional course that deals with drugs and medications used in the Ayurveda system of medicine, which has been in a practice for more than 5000 years.
According to the Drug and Cosmetic Act 1945, every Ayurvedic company should have a registered pharmacist in each department of the company.
Nowadays a wide range of incurable diseases is emerging day to day, as a result of the failure of other systems of medicine. The trend and use of Ayurvedic medicine and herbal products are increasing.
The government of India is also looking forward to the growth of Ayush as a good source for foreign exchange. And so increasing the demand of skilled professionals in this stream with expertise in the use of raw materials, Ayurvedic drug manufacturing and B.Pharma (Ayurveda) is a course which acts as a bridge between the manufacturing and consumer sector through this course which includes theoretical as well as practical sessions to achieve the goal.
Students who have passed 10+2 as an equivalent course with science stream (PCB) from a recognized board with a maximum of 50% marks for General and OBC and 45% for SC/ST.
The candidate should be of Indian Nationality and should have completed 17 years of age (on 1st July ) but not more than 25 Years.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) holds a separate All India Entrance exam every year in the month of July for admission in B.Pharma (Ayurveda) course. Candidates can apply online at BHU website (www.bhu.ac/ims)
The candidates are admitted to the course based on their merit obtained in the entrance. The Total number of seats is 30.
B. Pharma (Ayurveda) is a self-financed course. Along with the university fee, the students have to submit a demand draft of Rs 50,000/-every year (till 4 consecutive years).
|Year||University Fee||Demand Draft|
B.Pharma 1st –Year
- Rasa Shastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana-I
- Dravyaguna Vigyan-I
- Ayurveda Sharir Kriya Evam Rachna Vigyan
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Organic and Inorganic)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda including swstha vritta
- Rasa Shastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana-II
- Dravyaguna Vigyan-II
- Dosha Dhatu Mala Vigyan
- Pharmacognosy of Ayurvedic Drugs-I
- Pharmaceutical Biochemical Analysis of Ayurvedic Drugs-I
- Pharmaceutical Technology of Ayurvedic Drugs-I
- Physical Pharmacy
- Rasa Shastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana-III
- Dravyaguna Vigyan-III
- Pharmacognosy of Ayurvedic Drugs-II
- Pharmaceutical Technology of Ayurvedic Drugs-II
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmacology and Toxicology of Ayurvedic Drugs-I
- Rasa Shastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana-III
- Pharmaceutical Analysis of Ayurvedic Drugs-III
- Pharmaceutical Technology of Ayurvedic Drugs-III
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology of Ayurvedic Drugs-II
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Different types of Activities are organized on the campus for students.
- National and International Seminars.
- Projects and Presentations.
- One month Industrial Training
- Regular Field Visits in the campus for identification of plant drugs(around 900 plant drug species are identified in the campus)
- Preparations of various Ayurvedic formulations like Chawanprash, Bhringraj oil, Rasa sindur, etc.
After completing B.Pharma, the students can make their career in various fields like:-
Students can apply in various Ayurvedic Industries for a different post.
- As Production Manager
- As Quality Assurance Executive
- As Quality Control executive
- Can own Pharmacy
- The government sector has a various post for Ayurvedic Pharmacist
- As an Analyst in government laboratories.
- Can get a job in Ayush Ministry.
- Pharmacist in Government hospital.
- As a Drug inspector.
- Can go for CCRAS
Higher education includes M.Pharma (Ayurveda) or Ph.D. do pursue their career in the teaching field or Research and Development field.
Students having in marketing and management can go for MBA. Either in the marketing or health care management sector.
A campus interview is organized by the placement cell of RGSC BHU every year.
Ayurvedic companies like Baidyanath, Swastha Vardha, Uma Pharmacy, etc. are invited for the placements of students.
The Alumni of B.Pharma (Ayurveda) from BHU are placed in various sectors as Production Manager, Quality Assurance Head, Pharmacist, Quality control head, in various companies like Dabur, Emami, Baidhyanath, SwasthaVardhak or as Professors in Various Pharmacy Colleges or Universities.