Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & AH), BHU: Veterinary science is a branch of science that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and cure of diseases in birds and animals. This topic includes the study of animal physiology and various treatment and prevention schemes to be taken to prevent diseases among animals. The basic principles of veterinary science and animal husbandry are similar to those of human medical science, the only difference is in the variation of jobs.
The major part of veterinary involves performing surgeries, necessary vaccination and handling of medicines in the animal’s body prevents diseases from spreading further to another animal or general public.
Another section of this course is to improve the breed of animal using techniques like ‘selection breeding’ and artificial insemination. The role of a veterinary is important because they works for conservation of livestock and domestic animal wealth.
During their studies, students experience hands-on practice in addition to theory and lecture-based classes. The program also offers clinical experience and offers internships with professionals in head offices.
Yet there is separate Institue of Agricultural Science and a separate Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (FVAS) was there in BHU main campus but the course of B.V.Sc and A.H. is offered at the mesmerizing Rajiv Gandhi South Campus which is located in Mirzapur. It is not been so long from when the course is running, as the faculty established and commencend from 2017 onwards.
A special attention and funding is allocated for upliftment of a faculty in particular and campus as a whole. Because FVAS acts as a feather in cap of RGSC, BHU.
|Course||Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & AH)|
|Location||Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, BHU|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|No. Of seat||30 (Male & Female)|
|Admission Procedure||On the basis of NEET score|
|Course Fees||Rs. 55,000 (approx) for 5.5 year|
B.V.Sc. & AH Common topics and AHs covered under the study of:
- Laboratory animal care
- Infectious diseases and common diseases identified
- Nutritional requirements of animals
- Clinical process and management
- Pre and Post Surgical Nursing
- Research Methodology
B.V.Sc. & AH Eligibility-
If anyone is planning to be a Veterinarian then they must know the eligibility criteria and admission procedure of Banaras Hindu University.
- Interested candidates has to apply for Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & AH) course,if they have pass class 12 examination with science background.
- They must have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. Candidates must have passed each of the aforesaid subjects individually.
- SC/ST caste candidates should have scored at least minimum 40% marks in aggregate in qualifying examinations and must have passed each of the subjects individually.
The candidate’s age should not be less than 17 years and not more than 25 years for applying in the course.
Duration of Course:
The duration of complete course is 5.5 years (Including One Year Internship). In which regular classes as well as practical labs are offered to gain in depth knowledge of subject.
- The Admissions will be done on the final merit list of the candidates based on marks/ ranking scored in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET).
- So, primarily the candidates are required to appear and clear NEET examination for getting admission in Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- However students have to register themselves and fill out the online application form available at official website of BHU in prescribed formate.
- After the declaration of NEET result aspirants has to revisit the website and upload their rankings/result within due date.
- Then the admission committee will analyze the applications as well as merit list of NEET. Then after call letter would be issued for those students who would have been shortlisted for counseling purpose. Around 2-3 times students are called in respect of seat Including all reservations.
- The merit list of admission varies with NEET result year to year that’s why there is no specified marks for students that thay could score and be assured for guaranteed admission.
Who should choose ?
If a candidate is animal lover and carry special affection towards animals then this course belongs to them. Students who wish to pursue the Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal husbandry (B.V.Sc & AH) must develop a number of professional skills for the diagnosis and treatment of animals of any species. As a learner of veterinary science, one will be facing wild animals, pets, birds or even reptiles. This work is more than a doctor of medicine who only treats a particular group of species.
Students need to develop professional and interpersonal skills so that they are comfortable with patients. Customers can range from pet owners to farmers or cattle shepherds. Students have to learn how to keep a calm head in a crisis. During the course of research, many important skills will be imitated and a student will be sufficiently competent in his or her degree.
Graduate of B.V.Sc & AH will become a veterinarian and work in animal surgery or elsewhere. If surgery is not your preferred line, then research options about animal diseases and vaccines are also available. You can gain in-depth knowledge of animal pharmacy and work in pharmaceutical companies where you can design new medicines.
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Production Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
These are the several branches of Veterinary sciences where a student can divert their career as per their wish or expertise.After completing the BVSC & AH course, animal welfare and teaching is also open to the students.
(BHU-Express is now on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel by clicking here to stay updated with all the latest BHU news, admission updates & college events for free!)
score in neet 2020 -558 cat. -gen. i filled the form of bhu registration