Table of Contents
The application form for BHU PET Admission 2021 is releasing soon in July 2021. The application form for MBA had been extended till 27 January 2021. The entrance exam will be conducted in the month of August/September 2021 for UG & PG courses. BHU (Banaras Hindu University) is a renowned central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Every year the university conducts the university level entrance test (UET and PET) for admission to UG and PG courses. Admission to UG/PG courses will be provided to candidates who have qualified for UET and PET courses only. For admission in an MBA course, students have to apply through CAT score. For UG/ PG courses, the application process will start through online mode. In this article, we have provided complete information related to BHU PET Admission 2021 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.
BHU PET 2021 Important Links
Keep yourself updated with the deadlines of all the important events taking place during the entire Postgraduate entrance test of Banaras Hindu University, 2021.
NOTE: The link will be updated once the application form will be released. Keep checking regularly.
|Release of BHU PET 2021 Application Form
|Last day to fill BHU PET 2021 application form
|BHU PET 2021 Form Correction
|Release of the admit card
|One week before exam
|BHU PET 2021 Exam Dates
BHU PET 2021 Important Dates
|BHU PET Date 2021 (Tentative)
|Availability of application form
|Last date to apply
|Downloading of Admit Card
|Declaration of result
|Beginning of counselling
The minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in any of the master’s courses in Banaras Hindu University should be achieved to get admission in any of the courses. The different criteria for different courses have been provided below.
|M.A. in Linguistic/ Nepali/ Arabic/French/German/ Marathi/Persian/Telugu/ Indian Philosophy and Religion (IPR) / History of Art/ Pali/ Sanskrit
|A Bachelor’s Degree in the concerned subject. Or A Degree along with Diploma/Advanced Diploma the in the relevant subject.
|M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology
|B.A. (Hons)/B.A./B.Sc. in the concerned subject. Or B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Sc. with Psychology as an Honors subject
|B. Com/B. Com (Hons)/ B. Com (Hons.) in Financial Market Management (FMM) with 50% marks
|M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/ Zoology/Botany/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics
|B.Sc. with specialization in the respective subject
|M.Sc. In Computer Science
|B.Sc. in Computer Application/Information Technology. Candidates with a Degree in Computer Science are not eligible for application.
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry
|B.Sc. (Hons) in Biochemistry or B.Sc. with Biochemistry
|M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics
|B.Sc. with Physics/Mathematics or any other Science subject
|M.Sc. In Geology
|Bachelor’s Degree in Geology with Geology compulsory for all three years of the degree.
|M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology
|A Degree in Chemistry/Zoology/Botany
|M.Sc. In Statistics
|A Degree in Mathematics or Mathematics as a subject for all three years of the Degree.
There is no age limit to join the Master’s course. Students can join their master’s degree after they finish their Bachelor degree or even at a later stage. Aspirants who have finished their graduation can apply for a master’s degree. Students require a score of above 50 per cent to get admission to Banaras Hindu University.
There are a few documents that are required during filling the BHU PET form. Keep the below-mentioned documents ready before filling the form to avoid last moment glitches.
- Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Passport or any other identity proof.
- Scanned passport photograph and thumb impression image in prescribed size and format.
- The signature image in the prescribed size and format of the student as well as of one parent.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Credit card or debit card for fee payment.
- Bank Passbook.
- Admit Card issued by the concerned Boards (For students appearing in Class 12).
How to Fill the BHU PET Application Form?
Students can fill the application form of PET through the university portal. you just need to follow the instructions mentioned below and at last pay, the required fee and then your application will be submitted.
Step 1: Registration
- Open the BHU Online Entrance Test Portal by clicking on ‘www.bhuonline.in’ for the online application process.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Admission’ button.
- Students will be redirected to a new page having Applicant Login Box. Click on the ‘Register Yourself’ link.
- Now the registration form will be opened. Students have to enter information like (Email ID, Password, Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Address, and Mobile No etc) and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Students must keep in mind that after the successful registration their details cannot be changed later.
Step 2: Course Selection
- Students must select the course of their choice and check their eligibility and entrance test dates etc and click on the Add course button.
Step 3: Apply for Selected course
- After adding the particular course, the status of the submitted application form will appear on the screen.
- At this point, students need to enter the information regarding ‘Application details’, ‘Test Centre Preference’, ‘Upload Photograph’ and ‘Signature’.
- After clicking on the Application details button, some of the details would be prefilled at the time of registration. Students are required to fill in the other details and click on the “Save” button.
- Then students need to fill in the preference of Test Centre by clicking on the “Test centre Preference” button and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Then students need to upload the passport size scanned colour photograph and signature and click on the “Upload Photograph & Signature” button.
- Following is the dimension required of the image of the photograph and signature.
|4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
|4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
Step 4: Final Review of Application Form
- Students are advised to preview the application form before final submission because once the form is submitted it cannot be edited further.
- Then click on the “Proceed for submission and payments” button.
Step 5: Fee Payment & Application Submission
The students can submit the application fee through both online and offline modes. The explanation of both modes is as follows:
- Students can pay the entrance test fee exam online by using Netbanking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card through the payment gateway available on the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- Students can also pay the fees in cash at any branch of HDFC through challan printed from the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- After the successful payment of entrance test fees, students will get an e-mail message from the entrance test portal that the application is submitted successfully.
Step 6: For filling of Subsequent Application
- If students need to fill the application forms for the other courses they are not required to fill in the applicant Details’, ‘Correspondence Address and Parent Details’, Uploading of Photograph and Signature’ and ‘Preference of Test Centre’.
BHU PET Application Fee
Payment mode: Application Fee payment can be made by online mode through a credit card/ debit card. Also, students can pay the fee in cash through Bank Challan of HDFC bank.
To complete the application and finally submit the application form you need to complete the last step which is to submit the fee. The fee for every course is the same regardless of which course it is.
|₹ 300 (for one course) ₹ 200 for added courses
|₹600 (for one course) ₹ 400 for added courses
BHU PET 2021 Application Form Correction
Students are advised to preview the application form before the final submission because once the form is submitted it cannot be edited later. But if the students find some error in their already submitted form they can contact the higher authorities or can even visit the university regarding their application form correction.
For National students
National Applicants must follow the below contact details in case of form correction:
- Address: Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Road, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – 221005
- Contact No: 0542-670-3253, +91-542-2369359/ 6701655
- Email: [email protected]
For International students
International students must contact the help desk regarding application form correction:
- Address: International Centre, C/3/3, Tagore House, Banaras Hindu University – 221005, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Contact No: 542-2307639, 91-542-2368130
- Fax No: 91-542-2368130
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
BHU PET 2021 Admit Card
BHU 2021 Admit Card for PET (Postgraduate Entrance Exam) will be available from August/September 2021 through online mode. Students will be informed about the admit card on their registered email id / mobile number.
To get the BHU to admit card, students need to enter their email id or registration id. Candidates must carry ID proof with them on the day of the exam for verification. In case of a discrepancy in the admit card, students must contact the officials before the day of examination.
BHU 2021 Answer Key
BHU answer key will be available for download for PET online on the website. Students will get it in the form of a PDF. It will be available in September 2021 after the completion of the exam.
Students will get the BHU answer key in different sets – Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 etc. This will help the candidates to calculate the probable score of the entrance exam.
BHU 2021 Cut Off
Students will be able to check BHU cut off through online mode on the website. The cut off for different courses will be released separately. It will be available in the form of rank. Merit list will be published online on the website.
The cut off will be decided by the authority on the basis of various factors like the number of students, reservation policy, level of the paper, set availability etc.
BHU 2021 Result
BHU 2021 Result will be available from August 2021 through online mode. To check BHU results students have to enter their roll number or other credentials.
Banaras Hindu University will decide the qualifying marks. Through an email or SMS, the university will inform the candidates about the marks, overall merit and category merit.
BHU 2021 counselling
BHU counselling will be conducted in offline mode on the campus. To participate in the counselling session, students will have to do option entry, allotment of seats and reporting at the allotted institute.
Candidates can check the complete details of the BHU counselling schedule through the website. Also, the students will also get the counselling letter to participate in the counselling. Students have to carry all their documents with them for the document verification process of counselling.
If you have any other queries related to BHU PET Admission 2021, you can ask us in the comments section given below.