Banaras Hindu University is a central university in Varanasi, India where most of the students are willing to enrol after their schooling or their bachelors or even in masters. The quality of education and the opportunities for co-curricular as well as the extra-curricular activities provided here is the reason which intimidates students to enrol themselves in this university.
BHU PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test) is conducted by Banaras Hindu University for enrolling students in its Master’s programs such as M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Ed, MFA and others as well. Like every year this year also, BHU is conducting PET 2021 for admission in its various Postgraduate courses.
Here in this article, we will provide you with all the information related to the BHU PET 2021 which will help you a bit in fulfilling your dream of getting admission into one of the best university which is Banaras Hindu University.
BHU PET 2021 Registration Dates
Keep yourself updated with the deadlines of all the important events taking place during the entire postgraduate entrance test of Banaras Hindu University, 2021.
|Release of BHU PET 2021 Application Form||To be announced|
|Last day to fill BHU PET 2021 application form||To be announced|
|BHU PET 2021 Form Correction||To be announced|
|Release of the admit card||To be announced|
|BHU PET 2021 Exam Dates||To be announced|
The minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in any of the master’s course in Banaras Hindu University should be achieved to get admission in any of the courses. The different criteria for different courses have been provided below.
|M.A. in Linguistic/ Nepali/ Arabic/French/German/ Marathi/Persian/Telugu/ Indian Philosophy and Religion (IPR) / History of Art/ Pali/ Sanskrit||A Bachelor’s Degree in concerned subject. Or A Degree along with Diploma/Advanced Diploma the in relevant subject.|
|M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology||B.A. (Hons)/B.A./B.Sc. in concerned subject. Or B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Sc. with Psychology as a Honors subject|
|M. Com||B. Com/B. Com (Hons)/ B. Com (Hons.) in Financial Market Management (FMM) with 50% marks|
|M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/ Zoology/Botany/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics||B.Sc. with specialization in respective subject|
|M.Sc. In Computer Science||B.Sc. in Computer Application/Information Technology. Candidates with a Degree in Computer Science are not eligible for application.|
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry||B.Sc. (Hons) in Biochemistry or B.Sc. with Biochemistry|
|M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics||B.Sc. with Physics/Mathematics or any other Science subject|
|M.Sc. In Geology||Bachelor’s Degree in Geology with Geology compulsory for all three years of degree.|
|M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology||A Degree in Chemistry/Zoology/Botany|
|M.Sc. In Statistics||A Degree in Mathematics or Mathematics as a subject for all three years of the Degree.|
There is no age limit to join the Master’s course. Students can join their master’s degree after they finish their Bachelor degree or even at a later stage. Aspirants who have finished their graduation can apply for a master’s degree. Students require a score of above 50 percent to get admission to Banaras Hindu University.
There are a few documents that are required during filling the PET form. Keep the below-mentioned documents ready before filling the form to avoid last moment glitches.
- Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Passport or any other identity proof.
- Scanned passport photograph and thumb impression image in prescribed size and format.
- The signature image in the prescribed size and format of the student as well as of one parent.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Graduation Marksheet/Qualification certificate.
- Credit card or debit card for fee payment.
- Bank Passbook.
How to Fill the BHU PET application form?
Students can fill the application form for PET through the university portal. you just need to follow the instructions mentioned below and at last pay, the required fee and then your application will be submitted.
Step 1: Registration
- Open the BHU Online Entrance Test Portal by clicking on ‘www.bhuonline.in’ for the online application process.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Admission’ button.
- Students will be redirected to a new page having Applicant Login Box. Click on the ‘Register Yourself’ link.
- Now the registration form will be opened. Students have to enter information like (Email ID, Password, Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Address, and Mobile No etc) and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Students must keep in mind that after the successful registration their details cannot be changed later.
Step 2: Course Selection
Students must select the course of their choice and check their eligibility and entrance test dates etc and click on the Add course button.
Step 3: Apply for Selected course
- After adding the particular course, the status of the submitted application form will appear on the screen.
- At this point, students need to enter the information regarding ‘Application details’, ‘Test Centre Preference’, ‘Upload Photograph’ and ‘Signature’.
- After clicking on the Application details button, some of the details would be prefilled at the time of registration. Students are required to fill in the other details and click on the “Save” button.
- Then students need to fill in the preference of Test Centre by clicking on the “Test centre Preference” button and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Then students need to upload the passport size scanned colour photograph and signature and click on the “Upload Photograph & Signature” button.
- Following is the dimension required of the image of the photograph and signature.
|Photograph||4.5 cm x 3.5 cm||100KB|
|Signature||4.5 cm x 3.5 cm||100 KB|
Step 4: Final Review of Application Form
- Students are advised to preview the application form before final submission because once the form is submitted it cannot be edited further.
- Then click on the “Proceed for submission and payments” button.
Step 5: Fee Payment & Application Submission
The students can submit the application fee through both online and offline modes. The explanation of both modes is as follows:
- Students can pay the entrance test fee exam online by using Netbanking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card through the payment gateway available on the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- Students can also pay the fees in cash at any branch of HDFC through challan printed from the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- After the successful payment of entrance test fees, students will get an e-mail message from the entrance test portal that the application is submitted successfully.
Step 6: For filling of Subsequent Application
If students need to fill the application forms for the other courses they are not required to fill in the applicant Details’, ‘Correspondence Address and Parent Details’, Uploading of Photograph and Signature’ and ‘Preference of Test Centre’.
BHU PET Application Fees
To complete the application and finally submit the application form you need to complete the last step which is to submit the fee. The fee for every course is the same regardless of which course it is.
|Application Form||General Category||SC/ST/PwD|
|Single Course||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
|More than one course||Rs. 300||Rs. 150|
BHU UET 2021 Application Form Correction
Students are advised to preview the application form before the final submission because once the form is submitted it cannot be edited later. But if the students find some error in their already submitted form they can contact the higher authorities or can even visit the university regarding their application form correction.
For National students
National Applicants must follow the below contact details in case of form correction:
- Address: Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Road, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – 221005
- Contact No: 0542-670-3253, +91-542-2369359/ 6701655
- Email: [email protected]
For International students
- Address: International Centre, C/3/3, Tagore House, Banaras Hindu University – 221005, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Contact No: 542-2307639, 91-542-2368130
- Fax No: 91-542-2368130
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
These were the steps that you need to follow to climb the first step of your dreams of getting admitted to the central university Banaras Hindu University by completing the application form of PET 2021.
We wish you All the best for the upcoming entrance exams from our side!