Central Hindu School, is being considered as one of the best school in its kind as it comes under the administration of BHU. CHS Admission 2020 application form has been reopened on 11th September 2020. To keep aspirants safe during the current COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board of Banaras Hindu University has decided NOT TO CONDUCT SET-2020. Consequently, new methods of admission has been adopted by the administration. Now, Last date of submission of Online Application Form is 24th September 2020 for the Academic Session 2020-21.
The Central Hindu School is famous for its good resources such as long large halls for well-qualified faculties, laboratory, Two-storey library, largest playground of Purvanchal and many other facilities. Central Hindu School is administered by CBSE and affiliated by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Senior High School (Pre-University School).
Central Hindu School provides education to candidates from all cultures. CHS has a campus of Central Hindu Boys School and Central Hindu Girls School. Here, candidates will get the details of CHS 2020 including application form, fee, eligibility criteria, exam dates and how to apply.
The CHS 2020 application has been reopened on 11th September 2020. Candidates who are willing to apply for admission will have to fill all the details and submit before the due dates. The application form will be cancelled upon submission after the due dates.
|BHU SET Entrance Exam 2020||Dates (Revised)|
|Starting of Online Registration||20 Feb 11 Sep 2020|
|Last date for online registration||21 Mar 24 Sep 2020|
|Entrance Exam Date||No Entrance Exam this year|
|Date of Commencement of classes||Will be notified soon|
- The CHS 2020 application form had been reopened on 11th September 2020.
- The CHS 2020 application form deadline was September 24, 2020.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the course are required to apply online for BHU CHS School Entrance Examination through the official website of BHU.
- Candidates must complete the process on or before the last date. For details, see the official notification
- The candidates will be selected for admission by the school entrance examination.
- In the application, candidates are suggested to read all the details carefully before filling the application.
- After filling the form, candidates have to upload your passport size photo.
Mode of Selection
(i) For Class VI & Class IX: THROUGH E-LOTTERY
- Admission of BHU employee ward applicants will be carried out first.
- Remaining seats will be allocated by e-lottery according to given priority sequence:-
a) First Lottery: 3% of the seats will be allocated to Differently Abled (Divyang (OH)applicants.
b) Second Lottery:
- Total number of ST candidates will be calculated from First Lot and remaining seats reserved for ST candidates will be allocated.
- Total number of SC candidates will be calculated from First Lot and remaining seats reserved for SC candidates will be allocated.
- Note: SC/ST seats will be filled only after interchanging the seat as per the availability of registered applicants i.e. vacant SC seats can be filled by ST applicants and vice-versa.
- Total no. of OBC-NCL candidates will be calculated from First Lot and remaining seats reserved for OBC-NCL candidates will be allocated.
Third Lottery: After Second Lot, remaining seats will be allocated to unreserved applicants.
Waiting list of each Lot will be prepared separately.
(ii) For CLASS XI: ON THE BASIS OF MERIT OF CLASS X
The admission in class XI will be made on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in class X examination of the board and calculated as:
- Merit (Percent marks obtained) = (Total marks obtained / maximum marks of Subjects) multiplied by 100.
In Boards where marks obtained are given in terms of percentage, such as is CISCE, New Delhi, the merit may be calculated as:
- Merit (Percent marks obtained) =∑ Percent marks of subjects / Number of subjects.
|Other backwards classes (Non-creamy layer)||27|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5|
Number of seats
For Central Hindu Boys School (CHS boys):
|Class||Number of Seats|
|Class 6||107 seats|
|Class 9||104 seats|
|Class 11 (mathematics stream)||88 seats|
|Class 11 (Biology stream)||25 seats|
|Class 11 (Commerce stream)||13 seats|
|Class 11 (Arts stream)||12 seats|
For Central Hindu Girls School (CHGS)-
|Class||Number of Seats|
|Class 6||70 seats|
|Class 9||10 seats|
|Class 11 (mathematics stream)||16 seats|
|Class 11 (Biology stream)||17 seats|
|Class 11 (Commerce stream)||25 seats|
|Class 11 (Arts stream)||40 seats|
Candidates can pay the CHS 2020 application fee through online and offline mode. Once paid offline or deposited online by the candidates, it will not be refunded. Candidates are suggested to keep copies of filled application form and fee slip for future use. CHS Varanasi application fee can be paid either through net banking/debit card/credit card or at any branch of HDFC Bank.
The candidate has to pay the CHS Varanasi SET 2020 application fee as given below.
|Category||Fees (in Rs.)|
- Online payment through credit card/debit card through the payment gateway available on the admit card portal.
- Payment of entrance examination fee in cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank.
- After filling this application form, submitting and selecting this mode for payment, candidates can print the challan from the entrance examination portal.
- The printout of the challan will contain all the required details of the candidate, the bank account details of Banaras Hindu University which will contain the entrance examination fee and the exact amount to be deposited.
- The candidate will be required to visit any branch of HDFC Bank of his / her choice, where he/she will be required to deposit the required fee to the bank.
CHS 2020 Applying procedure–
- The candidates who have applied in General category and belong to OBC-NCL category must update their category for all classes VI, IX & XI. b. The candidates who have applied for class XI (all groups) must upload their class X mark-sheet and other related details
- Candidates have to visit the official website of Banaras Hindu University. (Click here)
- They have to find the notification link about the CHS application form. (Direct link to apply)
- The candidates have to click on the link after searching and then read all the instructions mentioned in the notification.
- After that, click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Candidates are suggested to fill in all the details correctly.
- They have to upload their scanned signature and photo along with the application.
- Confirm the filled in details before clicking the submit button.
- Pay the application fee through net banking and any other appropriate means.
- After that, they can submit the application form and take a print out of the application form for further use.
CHS 2020 eligibility criteria
Before applying, candidates should check the criteria of admission in CHS. Sometimes candidates fail to know the criteria which affect them at the time of taking admission. Candidates are advised to check the criteria as per the selected courses as different courses have different eligibility criteria. See nationality, eligibility criteria, age criteria and minimum marks required etc.
For more details, candidates can have a look at the details given below:
- For Class VI: 10 years to 12 years of age and passed Class V examination from a school by 30 September 2020.
- For Class IX: 13 years to 15 years of age and passed eighth grade from a school by 30 September 2020.
- For Class XI: Maximum 18 years of age and complete 10th till September 30, 2020, and with the required percentage as per the passing percentage of class X examination from a recognized Board / University.
For External Candidates (Coming Through SET):
- Marks above 60% or the total grade for admission to the science stream.
- For admission in science group more than 50% marks or equivalent grade in each science and mathematics is required.
- A total of more than 55% marks or equivalent grade for commerce.
- Passed Class X with 55% for Arts stream.
- Candidates willing to apply for the following course can get the application through BHU official website.
- For BHU CHS School Entrance Exam, candidates have to use online mode. Aspirants will not be entertained in offline mode.
- Candidates must complete the process on or before the last date i.e., 24th September 2020.