Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a postgraduate program offered by Banaras Hindu University. This course is of two years in duration. It is designed to impart knowledge to the students about careers in business and Management. It is the academic study of business management, strategy management, entrepreneurship and others etc. Nowadays this course is very demanding among the youth as they are preferring it more than earlier. Master of Business Administration (MBA) offers a great opportunity for the graduates to learn about every art from its origin to end. Moreover, there are great career opportunities for the students pursuing this course. It is a great career choice for the aspirants who enjoy learning and creating something new, different and unique. This course offers them professional training.
In this article, I am going to provide all the vital information and details which an aspirant should know before pursuing their Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Banaras Hindu University. If you are searching about the details of the course and planning to pursue it from the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), then you are at right page. Just keep scrolling and get all the details related to it.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a postgraduate degree offered to the graduates for completing a professional education in business management.
Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University (FMS-BHU) offers various Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs such as MBA, MBA (IB), and MBA (AB). This article is based on a detailed analysis of various MBA programs provided by FMS, BHU. Established in 1968, it has ranked among the top 40 B-Schools by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019. It has also acquired 14th position among the management institutes in India by EduVidya Ranking 2019. Institute of Management Studies, BHU has been approved by The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC) also known as Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), BHU. The institute obtained Independent Faculty Status in 1984. In the year 2001, FMS BHU was recognized as one of the quality improvement programmer centres by the AICTE.
|Course||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course Level||Postgraduate level|
|Admission Procedure||CAT score|
|Faculty||Faculty of Management Studies|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
The most important part that strikes our mind before planning to take admission in any of the course is eligibility criteria. Indeed, it is of great importance. If you want to take admission in this course from Banaras Hindu University here are some of the criteria:
- For Admission in MBA in Banaras Hindu University, candidates need to be graduate with at least 50% marks.
- Graduation under 10+2+3 pattern.
- having a degree in Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Law or Education.
- completed his/her graduation in any discipline.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST Categories.
Admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) is based on Combined Merit acquired by an aspirant in CAT, Academic Record, Group Discussion and Interview. The application process of the Institute of Management Studies, BHU is done by submitting an online application form. There is a 15% weightage for international students in the seat.
- Merit list of qualified candidates on the basis of CAT scores will be uploaded by BHU.
- 50% weightage is given to the candidate’s CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
- 20% weightage is given for academic records.
- After next, Qualified candidates will be called for group discussion and interview.
- Group Discussion and Interview Score will be given 30% weightage.
- On the basis of overall performance, final list of students is prepared by the admission committee.
- Selected candidates will have to report to the university with original documents for verification.
|MBA/MBA (IB)||Qualifying Exam: CAT|
Weightage: 50% to CAT, 20% to Academic Records & 30% to Personal Interview (PI), and Group Discussion (GD) organized by FMS, BHU.
|MBA (AB)||Qualifying Exam: FMS, BHU written test.|
At least 55% aggregate in class 12 in relevant subjects
Application forms for MBA (AB) are sold every year from the Counter at Controller of Examinations, BHU. The admission notification for this course releases in April-May month every year. Application forms for MBA (IB) and MBA are released in August-November. The students can see detailed information from the admission notification schedule released in the last week of August every year.
Documents Required for Admission:
Once, candidates get shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview processes are required to come with the set of following documents:
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN)
- Self-attested copy of the CAT Scorecard.
- Self-attested copies of Mark-sheets of Class 10th, Class 12th and graduation examination (year wise Mark-sheets).
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Institution (in case if the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination).
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Demand Draft of the amount to be mentioned through GD-PI call letter in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University is payable at Varanasi as processing fee for GD-PI.
The reservation is done on the basis of the Government of India Rules. They are listed below in the tabular form:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Persons with disability (PC)||5.5%|
- Candidates will be allotted reservation seats only if they submit self-attested certificates to prove that they actually belong to this category.
Introduction to MBA (IB) Program (formerly MIBA)
Sensing the need for international business education in the late 1980s, FMS-BHU introduced a Masters program in International Business Administration in 1990. From 2010-11, the program is renamed as Master of Business Administration (International Business) – MBA (IB).
Introduction of MBA Agri. Business program
Sensing the ever-growing needs of the Agricultural Sector FMS-BHU introduced MBA – MBA Agri-Business in the year 2006. This course is being run successfully at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha.
The FMS-BHU has its own placement cell that assists students by organizing the campus placements. Few of the highlights of the Institute of Management Studies, BHU placements are listed below:
- Various companies have recruited 143 students this year from the main campus.
- The highest salary offered was Rs 17 LPA, whereas the average salary was Rs 5 LPA.
- Few of the companies who visited the campus were Adani Group, Amazon, Berger Paint, Wipro, ICICI Bank, and so on.
For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below.