Table of Contents
Every country tries to improve its economy. The modern world requires highly skilled and trained employees. In the past, managing trade and commerce was so easy but now due to highly developed industries and high growth rates of population, the requirement of commerce education is increasing day-by-day. The Banaras Hindu University has many courses related to commerce UG and PG both. This article is a detailed analysis of the Post-Graduation course offered by BHU in Commerce, i.e., Master of Commerce (M.Com).
|Course||Master of Commerce (M.Com)|
|Course Level||PG level|
|Duration||2 years (full time)|
|Admission Procedure||PET (based on merit list)|
|Subjects for Specialization in Final year||Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Banking & Insurance.|
It is important for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria if they are willing to pursue PG in commerce from BHU. The norms are:
Age Limit: There is no such age limit for this course. Candidates of all ages are welcome.
Eligibility Conditions: Candidates must have B.Com (Hons.)/ B.Com/ B.Com (Hons.) FMM degree.
|Qualifications||Minimum Eligibility (%)|
|High School||50 %|
- The first and the most prominent that the candidate should fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- The student must appear and qualify the entrance test (BHU-PET) and complete all the formalities related to the course to take admission.
- The selection of candidates will be completely based on their Merit Index in the entrance exam.
- The actual admission will start after the declaration of the results. The Admission Committee of the department will do the procedure. The Head of Department will issue e-call letters to the selected candidates to appear for counseling procedure with certain documents.
- The call letters will be available on the BHU portal, i.e., bhuonline.in . Login to the portal to download and print the call letter. The information to selected candidates will prevail through their provided E-Mail I’d or Mobile Number. Candidates are advised to give correct information.
- The hostel will be allotted to the students on the basis of the Merit Index and distance of the college from their residence.
Number of Seats
The total number of seats available in BHU for this course is 214.
Candidates will be allotted reservation seats only if they will submit self-attested certificates in order to prove that they belong to this particular category. The reservation is done on the following basis:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disability (PC)||5.5%|
The Application Form for the course is available on the BHU portal itself, i.e., bhuonline.in . Candidates need to fill their qualification details, communication links, and personal details in the form. Candidates need to upload their passport size photographs along with their signature in the form. The last step is to pay application fees. They can pay online (Net-Banking) or through Challan in banks via cash. The application fees is Rs. 600/- for others and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PH. The issuance of the Admit Card begins 7 days prior to the entrance test.
Entrance Test Syllabus
The entrance test comprises 120 MCQ’s to be solved in 120 minutes carrying 360 marks in total. It will be divided into two sections each containing 60 questions:
|S.NO.||Name of Subject||No. of Questions|
|4||Business Organization & Management||24|
|5||Business Law including Company Law||12|
|6||Monetary Theory & Banking||12|
|Section A + B||60 + 60|
Placements & Career Opportunities
Campus Placement is done by various companies on the basis of the achievement & skills of the student. The person choosing the commerce field as his career has vast options to pursue. Some of them are establishing firms, Auditor, Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Tax consultant, Financial Analyst, Cost Advisor, Investment Banker, Banking profession, Civil Services, Government jobs, etc.
If you are willing to choose commerce as your career, let it not be to avoid math or to put less effort and get more results, unlike other fields. Choose your career (path) seriously and willingly.