Table of Contents
Master of Computer Application or MCA course is a skilled academic degree in computer science. MCA course period is three years and for lateral entry students, the course period is two years. Any graduate an agency is showing for the ultimate year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, and humanities & Engineering) is eligible to use. The MCA course explains in-depth and intensive information regarding computer applications.
MCA course will be a superb area alternative for within the future as a result of, the MCA graduates would be principally employed within the IT trade that is predicted to grow by two.
About MCA Course
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a 2-year professional post-graduate program for candidates who want to turn over deeper into the globe of computer application development with the assistance of learning trendy programing language. The program is a mix of theoretical and practical information. An MCA degree endows students’ a chance to work with tools meant to develop higher and quicker applications.
This is a course that aims to enhance software skills and strengthens computer application knowledge. This prepares the students for the business necessities so they will bloom within the company IT Sector. MCA courses are unit in the main supported the implementation of programming languages, IT skills, and alternative such ideas with info with plenty of detail that stretches to 5 semesters. The sixth and final semester is given to industrial training/ internship and project.
|Course Name||Master of Computer Application|
|Eligibility||You need to have a bachelor’s degree in computer application. Other bachelor’s degrees or computer-related degrees are also acceptable, but it depends on the university and institute|
|Admission Procedure||On merit or entrance exam-based|
|Exam Pattern||The course is conducted in a semester pattern with 2 semesters per year, resulting in 4 semesters for the degree|
|Starting Salary||INR 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs|
|Course Fees||Up to 3 lakhs|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Amazon, Google, TCS, Infosys, Mahindra, and Snapdeal|
The admission to the MCA courses in India is done in the main on the Entrance Examination. However, a number of the universities provide admission based on a merit list created from the marks obtained at graduation.
The following are details of the admission process
Following area unit the Master of Computer Applications eligibility criteria to be fulfilled:
- Graduation in computer applications, computer science, or connected field with a minimum of 50% marks obtained at the UG level.
- Mathematics as one of the subjects in class 12 is obligatory.
- This is simply a basic summary of the eligibility criteria; it may be different in different universities. In Delhi University, the minimum proportion needed is 60% within the Bachelor of Computer Application
Admission to MCA courses typically takes place through university-level entrance exams or state-level entrance exams like IPU CET, MAH CET, etc.
Let us discuss the admission through examination
- The candidates are needed to go to the website of the college, university, or the entrance examination board and register themselves
- The candidates are then needed to place in their application details and upload the various documents as per the desired size and format.
- After uploading the candidates are needed to pay the applying fees and take out a receipt of the application form.
- After that, the candidates are needed to require out the admit card and appear for the entrance examination.
- After taking the entrance exam, qualified students are calling for a counseling session.
- Counseling is conducted for seat allotment in several universities. Students are admitted when the allotment of seats is counseling.
Direct admissions are done based on qualifying exams. Some institutes conjointly give admission on management quota, which is additionally a technique of direct admission.
Management quota seats in each university are reserved. The fee is mostly higher for these seats than for general seats.
Direct Admission is obtainable by private universities like Amity University, LPU, Chandigarh University, etc. Students are simply needed to provide a knowledge-based take test on the day of their interview.
MCA Course Fees
Students who have an interest in connection with the MCA degree ought to bear in mind the course fees. The MCA Course fees might vary based on the universities/colleges. The common MCA Course Fees is INR 30,000 – INR 2.4 LPA.
|Good communication and behavioural skills||A positive attitude|
|Confidence||Strong technical skills|
|Good command over programming languages like C, C++, Java, .Net, etc.||Good programming skills and hands-on experience|
|Knowledge of data structure and database||Awareness of latest technology trends|
MCA Course Curriculum
The program of MCA principally focuses on programming, direction, and software package engineering. The elaborate information for every semester is mentioned below:
The subjects would subsume topics around knowledge illustration, basics of business, accounting and communication, C programming, and advanced arithmetic.
- Introduction in IT
- Computer Organization & design
- Programming & organization
- Introduction to Management functions
- Mathematical foundations
- IT Lab
- Programming work
The subjects within the second semester emphasize topics associated with knowledge programming, electronic communication, and direction systems. Some establishments may additionally supply the prospect to settle on electives within the second semester itself.
- Info analysis style & Implementations
- Operating Systems
- Oral and Wireless Communications
- Accounting and internal control
- Probability & Combinatory
- Business Programmer work
- Unix & Windows work
In the third semester, the scholars have the chance to settle on their subjects for specialization and master them. The topics that are lined are direction systems, intelligent systems, and applied mathematics analysis.
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Communication Networks
- Object-Oriented Analysis and style
- Management network
- Statistical Computing
- DBMS Lab
- Statistical Computing work
- A.I and Applications
- Software Engineering II
- AI & Application work
The program for the fourth semester is additional sensible information homeward-bound with an additional concentrate on providing exposure to the IT trade and exploring it. The last semester provides additional importance to project-based learning.
- Network Programming
- Software Engg. I
- Organizational Behavior
- Network work
- CASE Tools work
- Optimization Techniques
The program of MCA is meant in an exceedingly manner that permits the students with much-needed sensible exposure. MCA additionally offers the students the prospect to master subjects through a specialization that helps in building a distinct segment for a private. The career scope is vast, and there are several roles a private will see themselves in when the completion of the program, be it within the personal or public sector.
Top MCA Colleges in India
|College Name||Average Fees (INR)||Average Salary (INR)|
|JNU, New Delhi||1,357||4-11 LPA|
|Calcutta University, Kolkata||19,100||5-6 LPA|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||1,89,000||4-7 LPA|
|University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||51,955||4.5-9.8 LPA|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||8,500||8-10 LPA|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune||26,000||7-12 LPA|
|Anna University, Chennai||41,000||4-10 LPA|
|Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||25,600||3-6 LPA|
|NIT Trichy, Tiruchirappalli||2,75,000||10-12 LPA|
|VIT, Vellore||4,14,000||3-10 LPA|
Why study MCA?
- MCA is a two-year PG course designed for aspirants who wish to excel in the world of technology. Master of Computer Applications is prospering with endless opportunities in each the public and private sectors.
- The MCA job sector is booming with 2, 05,000 new job opportunities every year, and it’s a gradual growth of 7.7% every year.
- MCA candidates have unlimited job opportunities in a variety of industries/sectors additionally as job roles.
- After finishing MCA, candidates can get a quick placement with a minimum salary of a minimum INR 4 LPA.
- Promising MCA candidates also can expect to induce employed by the world-best MNCs and IT corporations like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc., wherever they will expect a minimum salary of INR 13 LPA which can grow rapidly over time.
Caeer after MCA
The many job opportunities and are of interest for employment for graduates of MCA course are listed as under:
- Software Developer
- System Analyst
- Hardware Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Web Designer & Developer
- Software Consultant
- IT Architect
- Cloud Architect
- Cyber Security
MCA Salary in India
The beginning salary for MCA candidates varies from individual to individual because it depends on the talent and talent level of the workers at the side of their responsibilities. The common course salary of a graduate of an MCA course is INR 5.3 LPA.