Unlock 4.0: The centre’s step-by-step opening of COVID-19 lockdown is set to see major relaxation in Unlock 4.0 for peoples, which was unveiled on Saturday. As per the guidelines issued by the Union Home Ministry, it is said that states can no longer impose lockdowns outside control areas without the permission of the Center and the borders should not be sealed.
Guidelines for Phased Reopening (Unlock 4). As per Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) dated 29th August, 2020 outside the Containment Zones –
Activities permitted during Unlock 4 period Zones In areas outside the Containment Zones, all activities will be permitted, except the following:
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to 30th September 2020. However, the following will be permitted:
- Online distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- States/UTs may permit upto 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff to be called to the schools at a time for online teaching tele-counselling and related work, in areas outside the Containment Zones only, with effect from 21st September 2020.
- Students of classes 9 to 12 may be permitted to visit their schools, in areas outside the Containment Zones only, on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers. This will be subject to the written consent of their parents/ guardians and will be permitted with effect from 21″ September 2020 for which, SOP will be issued by MoHFW.
- Skill or Entrepreneurship training will be permitted in National skill training Institutes, Industrial Training Institutes (ITI’s), Short term training centres registered with National Skill Development Corporation or State Skill Development Missions or other Ministries of Government of India or State Governments. National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IE) and their training providers will also be permitted.
These will be permitted with effect from 21 September 2020 for which, SOP will be issued by MOHFW.
- Higher Education Institutions only for research scholars (PhD) and post-graduate students of technical and professional programmes requiring laboratory/ experimental works. These will be permitted by the Department of Higher Education (DHE) in consultation with MHA, based on the assessment of the situation, and keeping in view the incidence of COVID-19 in the States/UT’s.
- Requiring laboratory/ experimental works: These will be permitted by the Department of Higher Education (DHE) in consultation with MHA, based on the assessment of the situation, and keeping in view incidence of COVID-19 in the States/UTs.
- Metro rail will be allowed to operate with effect from 7th September 2020 in a graded manner, by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA Ministry of Railways (MOR), in consultation with MHA. In this regard, SOP will be issued by MOHUA.
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other crowded activities with a ceiling of only 100 persons, will be permitted with effect 21st September 2020, with the mandatory wearing of face masks, social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and washing hands or use of sanitizer.
However, marriage related gatherings with a number of guests not exceeding 50 and funeral/ last rites related gatherings with a number of persons not exceeding 20 will continue to be allowed upto 20th September 2020, after which the ceiling of 100 persons will apply.
Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, places will remain closed. However, an open-air theatres will be permitted to operate from 21 September 2020
International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Lockdown limited to Containment Zones: Lockdown shall remain in containment zones till 30th September, 2020.
- Containment Zones shall be demarcated by the District authorities at micro-level after taking into consideration the guidelines of MoHFW with the objective of effectively breaking the chain of transmission. Strict containment measures will be enforced in these containment zones and only essential activities will be allowed. There shall be a strict perimeter to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out at any of the zones, except for emergencies in medical term and for maintaining the supply of essential goods & services.
- The Containment Zones, there shall be intensive contact tracing, house-to-house surveillance will be made, and other clinical interventions, as required. Issued guidelines shall be effectively implemented.
- (iii) The containment zones will be notified on the websites by the respective District Collectors (D.M.) and by the States/UTs and information will be shared with MoHFW.
Other Important Instructions
- State/ UT governments shall not impose any local lockdown (State/ District/ sub-division/City level), outside any of the containment zones, without prior consultation with the central government.
- No restriction on Inter-State and intra-State movement: There shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods including those for cross land-border trade under territories with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit will be required for such movement.
Movement of persons with SOPs –
- Movement by passenger trains; domestic passenger air travel; movement of persons on Vande Bharat and Air Transport Bubble flights, and sign-on and sign-off of Indian seafarers will continue to be regulated as per SOPs issued.
- Protection of vulnerable persons Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
Use of Aarogya Setu –
- Aarogya Setu enables early identification of potential risk of infection, and thus acts as a shield for individuals and the community.
- With a view to ensuring safety in offices and workplaces, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
- District authorities may induce individuals for installing Aarogya Setu application on mobile phones and regularly access their health status on the app.