Table of Contents
B.A. (Hons) in social science is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course offered at Banaras Hindu University (BHU). In the course what other subjects can be taken along with the two really depends on what interests you the most and what your offers. There are many subjects like geography, history, political science, economics, psychology, and sociology. Sociology is the most common subject offered. It totally depends on your interest and your entrance marks but mainly they offered you subject mainly your entrance marks and overall rank in your category.
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Course||B.A. (Hons) Social Science|
|Duration||3 Years (6 Semesters)|
|Admission Procedure||UET (Based on ranking)|
- A candidate must have passed his/her10+2 or equivalent Examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- For B.A. Hons. (Economics): The student must have offered Mathematics as one subject at High School Examinations.
- AGE: Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020 (applicant should be born on or after 1st July of 1998).
Number of Seats
|Faculty/College||Number of Seats|
|Faculty of Social Sciences (Main Campus)||573 (Male & Female both)|
|Mahila Mahavidyalaya (MMV)||193 (Females only)|
|Arya Mahila Post Graduation College (AMPGC)||383 (Females only)|
|Vasanta Kanya Mahavidyalaya (VKM)||274 (Females only)|
|Vasanta College for Women (VCW)||210 (Females only)|
|DAV Post Graduation College (DAV PGC)||326 (Male & Female both)|
The admission process is through counselling based on the rank obtained in the Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU-UET). BHU grants admission to most of its programmes through the national-level postgraduate (PET) and Undergraduate (UET) entrance tests conducted by the University during May-June each year. To take the entrance test, admission seekers will have to complete the registration process. Registration usually starts in Feb-March. Students are admitted based on the applicant’s performance specific eligibility criteria.
Every year, BHU announces its cut-offs & merit list for various courses to get admission in UG & PG in the month of June. There are around 5 departments & colleges in BHU for which cut off will be determined based on the reservation categories and the availability of the seats.
There are many subjects offered at Banaras Hindu University in B.A. (Hons) social science. As like political science, history, economics, geography, sociology, psychology.
- Economics + History/ Political Science + Psychology/ Sociology
- Economics + Mathematics + Statistics
- History + Political Science + Economics/ Geography/ Psychology/
- Political Science + Sociology + Applied Statistics/ Psychology
- Psychology + Mathematics + Statistics
- Sociology + Psychology + Economics/ History
- Economics + Psychology + English
- Political Science + History + English/Hindi
- Sociology + Psychology + English/Philosophy/Hindi
- History + Economics + Philosophy
- Political Science + Sociology + Philosophy/Hindi
- Sociology + Economics + AIHC/History of Art/Sanskrit
BHU UET counseling process
Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU UET counselling after the declaration of results. Every year, the university conducts the counselling of BHU UET in online mode after the declaration of results. Candidates are invited for BHU UET counselling based on their ranks. Candidates shortlisted for BHU UET counselling are required to download their call letters which they can access by logging in using their roll number and date of birth from the official website.
In general, faculty members of social sciences along with these 5 other departments, department of economics, department of psychology, department of rural development, department of sociology, and department of political science organize the campus placements. The placements for economic honours and masters in social science are available. The minimum salary offered was about Rs.20,000 per month and the highest salary depends on the student’s luck. About twenty to twenty-five percent of the students get placed. Maximum placements are provided to the students of departments like MCPR, Economics, MPMIR, MSW, and IRDPM e.t.c.
The infrastructure of the college is quite good. Wi-Fi facility is available here which works in the Campus, library, and Computer lab. The library is quite good and many books are a variety of books that are accessible to students. However, there is also E-book access to most of the books.