Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) is an undergraduate program offered by Banaras Hindu University. This course is of three years in duration. It is designed to impart knowledge to the students about various aspects of visual and performing arts. It is the academic study of painting, dance, sculpture, photography, and others etc. Nowadays this course is very demanding among the youth as they are preferring it more than earlier. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) offers a great opportunity for the students to learn about every art from its origin to end. Moreover, there are great career opportunities for the students pursuing this course. It is a great career choice for the aspirants who enjoy learning and creating something new, different and unique. This course offers them professional training.
In this article, I am going to provide all the vital information and details which an aspirant should know before pursuing their Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) from Banaras Hindu University. If you are searching about the details of the course and planning to pursue it from the Banaras Hindu University then you are at right page. Just keep scrolling and get all the details related to it.
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) is an undergraduate degree offered to the students for completing a professional education in the fine arts. Almost every country offers this course. But it is more popular in Canada and United States. In India too, there are many colleges and universities, both government and private that offers this course. Banaras Hindu University is one of them that offers this course. The course is of great demand but the seats are limited.
|Course||Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A)|
|Course Level||Undergraduate level|
|Admission Procedure||UET (based on merit list)|
The most important part that strikes our mind before planning to take admission in any of the course is eligibility criteria. Indeed, it is of great importance. If you want to take admission in this course from Banaras Hindu University here are some of the criteria ;
Age Limit: The age of the candidate applying for the course should not be more than 22 years.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS: The student applying for this course must have pass 10+2 with any of the stream whether science, arts or commerce. Securing 50% marks in the aggregate and must have passed in the concerned subjects supported by the Certificate issued by the Examining body.
- First of all, the most important thing is that candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- After filling the application forms student must qualify the entrance exam (BHU-UET) and complete all the other formalities required by the university for the sake of admission.
- The selection of the candidate for the admission would be based on the rank index of the entrance exam.
- After the declaration of the results, the actual procedure of admission starts. The head of the department issues a detailed call letters to the students who are selected for the counselling.
- The call letters will be available for the students on the portal i.e. bhuonline.in from there they can take a printout of that. Also, the call letter would be sent to the students on their respective mail Ids.
- The hostel would be allotted to the students according to their rank index and the distance of the college from their residence.
NUMBER OF SEATS
|INSTITUTE||NUMBER OF SEATS|
|Main Campus||96 (Both male and female)|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Persons with disability (PC)||5.5%|
- Candidates will be allotted reservation seats only if they submit self-attested certificates to prove that they actually belong to this category.
|ITEMS||1st sem (INR)||2nd sem and onwards (INR)|
|Student welfare fund||150||150|
|Extra-curricular Activities fund||105||105|
|Campus utility fee||205||205|
|Student Health welfare fund||175||175|
|Alumni Activity fee||50||50|
|I-card passbook fee||50||0|
|College Caution Money||300||0|
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS (BFA)
Today the opportunities are increasing at a rapid rate in every field and fine arts is also one of them. Students after pursuing bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts can avail various career options such as art studios, advertising companies, publishing houses, graphic designer, digital designer, craft artist, art director, animator etc.
So, if you are planning to make your career in this field from Banaras Hindu University just go for it and grab your seats and make your future bright.