B.Voc as a course is gaining popularity in India because of the focus on skill-based education. With central government programs such as Skill India, vocational education will pave the way for more employment opportunities in the various sectors of the economy especially IT and Manufacturing. Both of which are tipped to grow exponentially.
In this article, we are going to discuss all the important details like fees Structure, duration, of course, eligibility, etc related to B.Voc in Computer Applications at Banaras Hindu University.
About B.Voc in Computer Application
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) in Computer Applications or B.Voc in Computer Applications is a 3 years undergraduate para-professional course offered by Banaras Hindu University to the candidates who wish to gain practical experience in the field of computer science & its applications rather than theoretical knowledge. The main aim of this course is to give out skills related to Computer Science and Software Development.
About B.Voc course
B Voc courses are usually skilled development programs that include extensive training and hands-on experience in a particular field. This program is specially curated for the benefit of the students who wish to enrich their skills and expertise towards a decent salaried job. The B.Voc course is suitable for candidates who want to go for a job immediately after completing their studies.
- B.Voc. or bachelor of vocational studies or bachelor of vocation.
- It is a 3-year UG course that has a large range of specializations to choose from. the essential eligibility for B.Voc. The course can be pursued by the completion of higher secondary education (class 12th) from any recognized board in India.
- Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) course is designed in a way that includes the work and skill requirement of various industries into its programme and helps to train the candidate of the course in order that they can be work-ready with an enhancement of the industry skill.
- The curriculum offers a combination of vocational and business management ideas
- The candidates who look forward to the practical knowledge are given the real time applications so that they can sharpen their practical skills.
|Course||Bachelor of Vocation in Computer Applications|
|Course Type||Regular (full-time)|
|Location||Faculty of Arts|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Number of seats||62 (Male & Female)|
|Admission Procedure||On the basis of BHU-UET|
A candidate willing to seek admission in B.Voc in Computer Applications must have passed his/her 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream or NSQF certificate or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- A candidate must have atleast 50% marks in their 12th standard.
- Candidates having a diploma degree after Matric qualification are also eligible.
- Candidates having level 3 certification by NSQF along with Matric qualifications alone are also eligible
Procedure of Admission
Students can fill the application form for B.Voc in Computer Applications through the university portal. you just need to follow the instructions mentioned below and at last pay, the required fee and then your application will be submitted.
- Open the BHU Online Entrance Test Portal by clicking on ‘www.bhuonline.in‘ for the online application process.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Admission’ button.
- Students will be redirected to a new page having Applicant Login Box. Click on the ‘Register Yourself’ link.
- Now the registration form will be opened. Students have to enter information like (Email ID, Password, Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Address, and Mobile No etc) and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Students must keep in mind that after the successful registration their details cannot be changed later.
- Students must select the course which is “Bachelor of Vocation in Computer Applications (194)” and click on the Add course button.
Apply for Selected course
- After adding the particular course, the status of the submitted application form will appear on the screen.
- At this point, students need to enter the information regarding ‘Application details’, ‘Test Centre Preference’, ‘Upload Photograph’ and ‘Signature’.
- After clicking on the Application details button, some of the details would be prefilled at the time of registration. Students are required to fill in the other details and click on the “Save” button.
- Then students need to fill in the preference of Test Centre by clicking on the “Test centre Preference” button and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Then students need to upload the passport size scanned colour photograph and signature and click on the “Upload Photograph & Signature” button.
- Following is the dimension required of the image of the photograph and signature.
|Photograph||4.5 cm x 3.5 cm||100 KB|
|Signature||4.5 cm x 3.5 cm||100 KB|
Final Review of Application Form
- Students are advised to preview the application form before final submission because once the form is submitted it cannot be edited further.
- Then click on the “Proceed for submission and payments” button.
Fee Payment & Application Submission
The students can submit the application fee through both online and offline modes. The explanation of both modes is as follows:
- Students can pay the entrance test fee exam online by using Netbanking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card through the payment gateway available on the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- Students can also pay the fees in cash at any branch of HDFC through challan printed from the portal and click on the “Continue for Online Payment” button.
- After the successful payment of entrance test fees, students will get an e-mail message from the entrance test portal that the application is submitted successfully.
Step 6: For filling of Subsequent Application
- If students need to fill the application forms for the other courses they are not required to fill in the applicant Details’, ‘Correspondence Address and Parent Details’, Uploading of Photograph and Signature’ and ‘Preference of Test Centre’.
To complete the application and finally submit the application form you need to complete the last step which is to submit the fee. The fee for every course is the same regardless of which course it is.
|SC/ST/PC||₹ 300 (for one course) ₹ 200 for added courses|
|Others||₹600(for one course) ₹ 400 for added courses|
Total number of Seats
There is a total number of 62 seats available for admission in B.Voc in Computer Applications. The location of this course is at the Faculty of Arts, BHU main campus.
Duration of course
The duration of B.Voc in Computer Applications course is 3 years (6 semesters). However, there are different exit policies. Candidates can leave the program at the end of the first and second year with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
Course Fees Structure
|Fees||Amount (in Rs.)|
|University Fees||1,981 (Per semester)|
|Special Course Fees||26,000 (Per semester)|
|Assessment Fees||5,000 (On time)|
- Software Developers can get into Government and Private Enterprises such as Application Development, User Interface Development, Software Coding, Software Testing, Software Analysis etc.
- There are ample job opportunities for B.Voc in Computer Applications degree holders in Government as well as Private sector.
Some of the most common job profiles that a B.Voc in Computer Applications student can opt for along with the job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below.
- Application Developer
- Software Tester
- Graphic Designer
- Website Developer
- Computer Operator
B.Voc in Computer Applications degree holders can prefer to do jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a B Voc in Computer Applications degree are as follows.
- M Voc: After completion of B Voc in Computer Applications course, candidates can opt for M Voc course.
- MTech: If one wishes to pursue studies in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a MCA. It is a two-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a BE or B.Tech in computer science. This is one of the most popular masters engineering programs and admissions are highly competitive.
- MBA: A large number of engineering graduates choose to go for the management route by choosing to pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a BTech degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.