BHU-South Campus offers Bachelor of Vocation in Hospitality and Tourism Management which is an undergraduate vocational course. This course has two specific domains, one is hospitality and another is tourism. In this article, we are going to discuss all the important details like fees Structure, duration, of course, eligibility, etc related to B.Voc in HTM.
Nowadays, tourism industries are benefiting the desiring ones to acknowledge them about the particular area and help them to make their journey easy and exciting.
India is a land of ancient traditions and cultures, alluring numerous explorers and holidaymakers from the entire globe. In the tiring schedule of today’s generation, humankind is almost unable to enjoy quality time with their loved ones. Tourism acts as an optimistic resource, enabling people to extract time with family and friends in order to add beautiful memories to the pages of their lives. It acts as a mirror of varied cultures. So, here are trained individuals, who after graduating in Hospitality and Tourism management help you in the direction to achieve the required comforts including lodging, food and drink services, entertainment resources. In actual terms, we can say that Hospitality and tourism are related to each other.
Candidates who are engrossed in exploring different areas and having the passion of learning new things can pursue this course as their career.
A typical travel and tourism firm employs various types of employees. Some of them are – receptionists, customer service agents, technical staff, drivers, helpers, etc.
The travel and tourism sector is not just limited to organizing tours! Firms involved in this sector have to take care of the following aspects too:–
- HR management
- Material resource management
- Hospitality management
- Travel and tour operations
- Finance and account management
- Customer service management
A candidate willing to seek admission in B.Voc in HTM must have passed his/her 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream or NSQF certificate or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Duration of Course
B.Voc in HTM is a vocational training program. It stands for Bachelor of Vocation in Hospitality and Tourism Management. This course is of 3 years long in duration. This training program provides multiple exit options such as –
- Diploma after completion of 1 year.
- Advanced Diploma after completion of 2 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree after completion of 3 years.
Procedure of Admission
- BHU conducts its Under Graduate Entrance Test (BHU-UET) for taking admission in various UG courses. Entrance form will be available on the official website ( www.bhuonline.in ) in the month of Jan-Feb, every year.
- Its link is also available on the BHU website (www.bhu.ac.in).
- The candidate has to fill the application form online (Sending form via mail or another mode will not be entertained).
- An email will be sent on the registered email I’d regarding counseling and other details to the candidates who have applied for the course.
- Accordingly, Candidate can proceed further for Admission procedure.
Total number of Seats
There are total number of 62 seats available for admission in DDU Kaushal Kendra, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, BHU.
University Fee: Rs.1981/- per semester +
Special Course Fee: Rs.13,000/- per semester +
Assessment Fees: Rs.5000/- (One Time)
After the completion of B.Voc in HTM course, graduates may go for MTTM, MBA, M.Voc courses, etc. M.Voc course provides more advanced in-depth knowledge related to the specific domain (tourism and hospitality).
The following employment opportunities are visualized for B.Voc – Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Tourist assistant
- Travel agent
- Tour guide
- Tour & travel management
- Event management
- Entrepreneurship in tourism industries
- Hotel assistant
- Front Office manager
- Cabin crew
- Lobby manager
- Sales manager
- Tour Operator
- Travel agent
- Visa executive
- Travel executive
- Transport officer
- Reservation manager
- Ticketing assistant
- Airline staff
- Tourist guide
I hope, you find this article useful. For further queries, feel free to contact us in the comment section below.
(For more updates, join our Telegram channel)