Do you want to pursue a good paramedical course after completing your 12th standard? If yes, this post will surely help you to know in detail about B.Voc MLT. Here, we are going to provide all the necessary details about the admission in B.Voc MLT which is running in the South Campus of BHU.
About the Course
Bachelor of Vocation in Medical Lab and Technology (B.Voc MLT) is a three-year degree course just like B.Sc. This course is fully concentrated on making the students “ready to work” for different industries enhancing their skill as well as employability.
A graduate of B. Voc in MLT is an all-rounder as far as the medical laboratory is concerned. Banaras Hindu University South Campus offers Bachelor of Vocation in Medical lab Technology which is currently running under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra (DDU, Kaushal Kendra) to provide the skill and the knowledge of technology and advancement of Medical Laboratories in India and all over the world.
If we talk about the healthcare sector, it is growing at a rapid pace in India. To maintain this phase of growth, the industry requires skilled medical and allied healthcare employees. Medical lab Staff falls under the category of allied healthcare workers.
The demand for these professionals is not only by the healthcare industry employers but also by the consumers of this industry, i.e., patients. This course (B.Voc in MLT) creates the grounds for enhancing vertical growth opportunities for the Medical Lab Technician graduates.
B.Voc Medical Lab Technology is an undergraduate level vocational training program. Theoretically, it is a Bachelor’s Degree course. Students who have completed his/her 10+2 from any stream are eligible to pursue this course.
This course will help you build a decent career in the allied healthcare sector. lab supervisor, lab technologist, Lab technician, – these are some of the job profiles that you will have access to. A medical laboratory is managed and run by a trained pathologist. He/she is usually a Doctor who has specialized in the discipline of clinical pathology.
A candidate willing to seek admission in B.Voc in MLT has passed his/her 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream or NSQF certificate or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Duration of Course
3 years (6 semesters)
B.Voc in MLT is a vocational training program. It stands for Bachelor of Vocation in Medical Lab and Technology. This course is of 3 years long in duration. This training program provides multiple exit options such as –
- Diploma after completion of 1 year.
- Advanced Diploma after completion of 2 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree after completion of 3 years.
Procedure of Admission
• BHU conducts its Under Graduate Entrance Test (BHU-UET) for taking admission in various UG courses. Entrance form will be available on the official website ( www.bhuonline.in ) in the month of Jan-Feb, every year.
- Its link is also available on the BHU website (www.bhu.ac.in).
- The candidate has to fill the application form online (Sending form via mail or other modes will not be entertained.)
- The email will be sent on the registered email I’d regarding Counseling and other details to the candidates who have applied for the course.
- Accordingly, the Candidate can proceed further for Admission.
Total number of Seats
There is a total number of 62 seats available for admission in DDU Kaushal Kendra, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, BHU.
University Fee: Rs.1981/- per semester;
Special Course Fee: Rs.26,000/- per semester +
Assessment Fee: Rs.5000/- (One Time)
After the completion of B.Voc in MLT course, graduates may go for M.Sc, MBA, M.Voc courses, etc. M.Voc course provides more advanced technical knowledge related to the specific domain (Medical Lab Technology).
MLT professionals are trained to perform tasks such as –
- Safely storing the specimens
- Examine the specimen by subjecting it to specific tests
- Write down the findings
- Pass his/her observations to the main pathologist
- Collect clinical specimens of patients
- Label clinical specimens
Here are listed a few of the core subjects present in B.Voc in MLT curriculum:-
- Medical microbiology
- Human physiology and anatomy
- Medical biochemistry
- Computer Application
After completion of this course, you may find a job at the following places –
- Hospitals (pathology lab)
- Medical labs
- Clinics (pathology lab)
- Nursing homes
MLT professionals may go for the following job profiles –
- Lab technician
- Lab assistant
- Senior lab assistant
- Lab supervisor
- Lab manager
Top Recruiting companies
- Apollo Hospitals,
- Medanta Hospital,
- Fortis Hospital,
- Sun Pharma,
- HLL Life Care Limited,
- Fortis Hospital,
- Max Healthcare,
- Metro Hospital