We encounter with a lot of students having doubt regarding Bachelor of Vocation in Modern Office Management course. So in this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details which an aspirant should know before choosing B.Voc in Modern Office Management as career from Banaras Hindu University South Campus.
B.Voc. Modern Office Management is a job oriented training program. It is basically a vocational training course. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor degree course. Office practice is a discipline that deals with office skills. This vocational course train graduates in such a way that on course completion, he/she will be able to perform administrative, secretarial or reception job in office setup.
B.Voc. programme make sure that the students receives a powerful base in the field and gains-n-depth information of all details of the field. The course is meant to match the present day demands of the students in terms of acquiring their way towards employment opportunities or higher studies.
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to B.Voc. (Modern Office Management), if he/she has passed 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream or level 4 NSQF certificate or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Duration of Course
The B.Voc. in Modern Office Management course presents three choices to students. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. An aspirant seeking admission into the Diploma programme shall study two semesters in the first academic year. An undergraduate taking admission into advanced Diploma programme will study a total of four semesters in the first and second academic years. The student entering into the B.Voc. shall study total six semesters in the three year programme.
This training program provides multiple exit options such as –
- Diploma after completion of 1 year.
- Advanced Diploma after completion of 2 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree after completion of 3 years.
Procedure of Admission
- Every year, BHU conduct its Under Graduate Entrance test (BHU-UET) for taking admission in various UG courses. Entrance form will be available on the official portal of the university ( www.bhuonline.in ) in the month of Jan-Feb, every year.
- Its link is also available on the BHU website (www.bhu.ac.in).
- The candidate has to fill the application form online (Sending form via mail or other mode will not be entertained.)
- An email will be sent on the registered email I’d regarding Counselling and other details to the candidates who have applied for the course.
- Accordingly Candidate can proceed further for Admission.
Total number of Seats
There are total number of 62 seats for admission in DDU Kaushal Kendra, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, BHU.
- University Fee: Rs.1981/- per semester;
- Special Course Fee: Rs.13,000/- per semester +
- Assessment Fee: Rs.5000/- (One Time)
After the completion of B.Voc in Modern Office Management course, graduates may go for MBA, M.Voc course and other master’s course in their respective field for higher education.
Jobs & Career
Office Management is one of the demanding courses in India. Private sector is one of the fastest growing & challenging industries in the world & also contributes in the economic growth of the country. In this scenario, a graduate having good sort of skill in office management will pay-off great to the sector. During the past few years in the Office management sector, the demand for skilled professionals has increased. The Office management is the right career for those having the interest in data entry, work as an office assistant, stenographer, Front Office Manager, etc.
some of the job titles in this field are:
- Front Office Manager
- Office Assistant Manager
- General Manager
- Reception Desk
- marketing manager
- Customer Care Executives
Modern Office Management Job Types:
- Assistant Programmer
- Clerk/Office Assistant
- Computer Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Junior Executive
- Statistical Investigator
- Word Processor
Initial salary amount depends on the various factors like :-
- Job location
- Employer’s profile
- His/her academic performance
- His/her talent and ability
- Job profile
On an average, initial salary is in between 25-35k per month. In case of government jobs, the earning depends on appointed pay scale and grade. The university also offers campus placements into recognized companies and industries.