Every year Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts its Postgraduate entrance exam (BHU-PET) for taking admission into various master degree courses. The PET examination was conducted in the months of August 2020.
BHU PET counselling 2020 will be done in both online and offline mode. Candidates can select the mode as per their choice. The qualified/shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in the counselling process according to their rank in the BHU-PET exam 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited through an electronic call letter sent by the authorities in the form of email / SMS on the registered mobile number. No hard copy for the same will be sent through the post on the given address. So it is advised to aspirants to keep themselves updated on their portal for notifications and messages.
|Events (BHU-PET 2020)||Date|
|Application process begins||30th January 2020|
|Last date to apply online||12th March 2020|
|Mock test availability||24th February 2020|
|Exam centre change||14th June 2020 – 20th June 2020|
|Admit Card Release||19th August 2020|
|Exam Date||24th August 2020 – 31st August 2020|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||8th September 2020|
|Last date of challenging Answer Key||12th September 2020|
|Declaration of Result||17th September 2020 – 30th September 2020|
|Counselling Starts||10th October 2020|
BHU PET entrance exam was conducted in online mode from August 24, 2020 to August 31, 2020. And the results for various courses were announced between September 17 and September 30, 2020. Likewise in case of UET entrance test was conducted in online/offline mode and results for the same was declared between 1 – 5 October 2020
BHU-PET Counselling 2020
Every year BHU conducts Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU-PET) for candidates seeking admission in various postgraduate programs offered by the Banaras Hindu University. BHU PET 2020 counselling will be done in both online and offline mode. Counselling of BHU PET 2020 will be done in various stages, therefore, candidates can go through the article to know more about these steps, how to choose a course, about their preferences, BHU PET counselling activities related to a day prior the BHU PET counselling 2020, on the day of the counselling and the day concluding the BHU PET counselling process.
Counselling steps –
BHU-PET 2020 Counseling Process
- Note, if you are opting for online mode of counselling for BHU-PET 2020, there is no need to attend physical counselling from the date of receipt of call letters for preference admission and document verification.
- If you are opting for offline mode and participating in physical counselling, there is no need to upload the documents, but the candidates will have to fill the choice preference form only.
- Once the documents are uploaded, the candidate will not be entertained for the same procedure on the day of counselling. And once if you have selected a mode of counselling (either online or offline) you can’t change it in future.
Online and offline counselling of BHU-PET 2020 will be conducted in various stages. Candidates can go through the counselling process with the help of the following steps:
Step 1: Download Electronic Call Letter
An electronic call letter will be issued to the shortlisted candidates for admission which can be downloaded by logging on to the official website and entering a valid credentials (roll number & date of birth) on their portal. The same step has to be followed in case of offline counselling as well.
Step 2: Document Verification
- For the online mode, the candidates have to scan/take photos of the required documents in good light condition and sharpness so that all details are visible to the Admissions Committee.
- Files must be in JPEG format.
- If there is more than one-page document for the graduation mark sheet section, take a picture of several pages and convert and upload it into a PDF.
- Once all the mandatory documents have been uploaded, click on the Proceed button shown in the last to submit.
- For offline mode candidates, a set of self-attested photocopy of the original documents is required on the day of counselling. Original documents will also be needed and will be returned to candidates after verification.
- At the specific date and time of offline counselling, follow the procedure and instructions on the menu for priority entry and verification. Complete Counselling Procedure for offline mode
Step 3: Preference entry
- For online mode candidates, after uploading the documents, a preference entry page will appear. Candidates are required to fill the qualifying examination marks in percentage (graduation total marks if converted to CGPA marks). If final year results are awaited, upload all except the final year marksheet.
- Each candidate has to fill the online preference entry form which will be available and active on the candidate’s online portal.
- Candidates will have to give their preferences for the following on the portal:
- Subject- Course and campus/college will be preferred. fill your priority. Save and confirm. You may be allowed to edit the options until the Admissions Committee confirms the verification. After verification is complete, verification status can be checked on your dashboard.
- Seat Type- The candidate has to select the seats along with the regular fee or if he is willing to take admission on the paid seat in case the regular fee seats are filled. This preference option will not be available for special courses of study and some other regular/professional programs.
- For offline mode candidates, the same procedure will be followed at the counselling venue.
Step 4: Confirmation of Preference entry
- For online mode candidates, a confirmation page will appear with all the details of the candidate, their order of preference of subjects and the list of documents uploaded by them.
- Print or save this confirmation page as proof of confirmation.
- For offline mode candidates, the original documents will be returned after verification.
- Candidates are advised to check the status of syllabus/subject allocation on the Student Counseling Portal daily from the date of counselling mentioned in the call letter.
Step 5: Fee Payment
- The candidates of online mode will have to proceed to deposit the fee online (see details in call letter).
- Offline mode candidates have to proceed for online fee or cash deposit at the bank counter located inside the BHU campus submission (details will be mentioned in the call letter).
- Only 24 hours time will be given for the submission of admission fees. No request for extension of deposit of fee will be entertained.
- Only if payment is confirmed then only a candidate will be eligible for admission, and if anyone faces technical glitches or payment issue may go for offline payment through ‘challan’.
Step 6: Choice Locking /Upgradation
- This step is applicable for both online and offline mode candidates.
- Candidates will have to send an email to lock the subject/course if he/she is satisfied with the offered subjects.
- For upgrades, wait for the next round in which a new cut-off will be declared. Here candidates are advised to wait and do not lock their seats, as there is ample of possibilities to get upgraded in case of affiliated colleges.
- After locking the course/subject, the final admit card will appear on the candidate’s portal.
- Report to the department/college on the date and time mentioned in the admit card along with all the originals.
Mandatory Documents for BHU-PET Online Counselling
- Highschool Marksheet (10th class)
- Intermediate marksheet (12th class)
- For PG courses (All sem/year) Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD (Person with Disabilities) Medical Certificate
- EWS certificate to claim seat under EWS quota.
- BHU/College Student Certificate
- BHU/College Employee Certificate (for employee wards)
- Declaration for online counselling
The Other documents if available may be uploaded and if not then upload signed undertaking for missing documents for its submission within the stipulated time-
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Character Certificate (CC)
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Anti-Ragging Declaration Certificate
- Residence-cum Dossier Form
(BHU-Express is now on Telegram. Join our Telegram channel by clicking here to stay updated with all the campus news, admission updates & college events for free!)