Table of Contents
The 3 years BSc Computer Science course permits the candidates to learn about the various architectures associated with computer networking, operating system, and programming languages.
Introduction the Course
The aim of this program is to form quality professionals and analysis fellows who will work in each sector of the world by implementing the technology of computer systems and software.
The procedure for BSc computer science admission is usually done on the basis of merit. The fundamental BSc computer science eligibility may be a minimum combination of 50% at school 12 with PCM as obligatory subjects.
Some reputable colleges conduct entrance exams for the admission method. The top entrance exams for this course are BHU-UET, CUCET.
|Course||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Admission Mode||Merit-Based/ Entrance Based (In some cases)|
|Eligibility||50% or above in the science stream|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to 25,000|
BSc Computer Science Admission
Admission to the course is principally done on the basis of a merit list prepared from the marks obtained in 12 or equivalent examinations. The details of the admission method have been mentioned in the coming section.
Merit Based Admission
- Some colleges and universities merit-based admission to the BSc Computer Science program.
- The application forms are made available every year in the months of May and June.
- After going through all the application forms, the colleges then declare a cut-off list, and students who fulfill the cutoff are eligible to take admission in this particular school or university.
- The students ought to pay the admission fees to complete the admission method.
Entrance Based Admission
- Few colleges and universities conduct entrance exam to choose the students
- The course of study for these exams has questions from class X-XII in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and arithmetic. It should also include General English in addition.
- Around 60% weightage is given to the performance in the entrance examination and 40% is given to the percentage scored in class 12.
- Candidates ought to visit the various websites to visualize the notices day after day.
- Candidates should fill the required details and submit the appliance fees. They need to keep the receipt for future reference.
- Candidates should look to score well within the entrance examination.
- If selected the candidates should appear for the counseling method and secure the seats.
BSc Computer Science Eligibility
The minimum eligibility criteria for this course are:
- Students should have cleared higher secondary categories (Class 12) from a recognized board with 50%-60% of the score.
- The stream ought to be science with Physics, Chemistry, and arithmetic. Having computer science is additionally favorable in some universities.
- For lateral entry, universities like Annamalai University supply admission in the 2 year of the program, that the student should have a minimum of 75% marks within the previous year of the program within the same discipline or three year course within the technical field after class 10.
- The qualification basis for International candidates is a minimum of 50% within the passing assessment and having studied the pre-essential subjects for entrance into the program.
BSc Computer Science Syllabus
The syllabus of this course is given as follow
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Computer Fundamental||Basic Electronics||Formal Language and Language Translation|
|Programming Language||Digital Logic||Computer Network, Data Communication, and Internet Technology|
|Graph Theory||Computer Architecture and Organization I||Software Engineering|
|Algorithms and Data Structure||Object- Oriented Programming (OOP)||Database Management System (DBMS)|
|Theory, Operating System||Numerical Methods||Theory: Microprocessor and Computer Organization II|
|Practical, Programming Language and Data Structure||Hardware Practical||Practical: Microprocessor Programming Laboratory|
|Digital Circuit Design||Relational DBMS (Oracle/ SQL Server) Laboratory|
|Analogue Circuit Design||Front- end Programming and Web Technology Laboratory|
|Operating System Laboratory|
|Object- Oriented Programming (OOP) Laboratory|
Top Colleges in India
Some of the best universities here:
|Universities Name||Location||Average Fees||Average Salary (Per Annum)|
|Delhi University||New Delhi||INR 60,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Loyola College||Chennai||INR 1,50,000||INR 5, 50,000|
|Christ University||Bangalore||INR 65,000||INR 6,85,000|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai||INR 22,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Fergusson College||Pune||INR 22,000||INR 6,00,000|
|Mithibai College of Arts||Mumbai||INR 85,000||INR 4,00,000|
|The Oxford College of Science||Bangalore||INR 75,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Sacred Heart College||Ernakulam||INR 1,20,000||INR 2,70,000|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 2,20,000||INR 7,00,000|
|St. Joseph’s College Devagiri||Calicut||INR 1,00,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Ethiraj College for Women||Chennai||INR 2,16,000||INR 3,00,000|
Who ought to Study BSc Computer Science?
- Candidates who have interest in computers, hardware and software ought to pursue this course.
- Candidates who want to develop mobile applications or software that eases the life of people will pursue this course.
- Candidates who want to become entrepreneurs after finishing their graduation will take this course. It permits them to start their own consultancy companies.
- Aspirants who have an interest in improving their skills about computers to get a promotion or improve their career prospects will opt distance or online courses.
Career after B.Sc. Computer Science
Here is the list of career options after B.Sc. Computer Science:
- Data Scientist
- Application Analyst
- Information Systems Manager
- Web Designer
- Technical Support Representative
- Database Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Online Tutoring
Jobs Opportunities and Salary
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Software Engineer||INR 5.10 LPA|
|Mobile App Developer||INR 4.41 LPA|
|Website Developer||INR 3.07 LPA|
|UI/ UX Developer||INR 4.92 LPA|
|IT Supervisor||INR 3.73 LPA|
|Network Engineer||INR 3.13 LPA|
|Technical Writer||INR 4.89 LPA|
|Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Tester||INR 3.35 LPA|