Bachelor of Science (BSc Biology) is one of the most popular undergraduate course amongst the students. It is a three-year course (6 semesters) which is offered by Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University. Admission in Bachelor of Science (BSc Biology) is based on the BHU-UET marks. If you are willing to pursue this bachelor degree from Banaras Hindu University, then you are at the right page. Get complete information about Bachelor of Science (BSc Biology) course on this page including about the course, procedure of admission, eligibility, availability of seats and much more information. Just keep scrolling.
Admission is given to the students on the basis of BHU-UET marks. The qualifying students are required to clear a counselling round which is done only when they have passed their entrance examination.
|Course||Bachelor of Science (Biology)|
|Course Type||Regular (full-time)|
|Location||Faculty of Science + MMV|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|No. Of seat||383+193 (FoS + MMV)|
|Admission Procedure||On the basis of BHU-UET|
What is BSc Biology all about?
BSC Biology is a 3-year Bachelor degree course. It is a diverse subject that covers many biological aspects of living organisms, including subject areas of zoology, botany, ecology, microbiology, genetics and molecular biology.
Every year, Banaras Hindu University conducts a common entrance exam (BHU-UET) for taking admission into BSc biology. It is one of the most prestigious and highly ranked central universities in the country.
- Age of candidate should not be more than 22 years.
- Students should have completed 10 + 2 from a recognized academic board securing a minimum of 50% in the aggregate in the subjects Physics, Chemistry plus any one of the following: Biology, Geology and Geography.
each of the concerned three subjects (as supported by the Certificate issued by the Examining body).
- Candidates applying for the 10 + 2 examinations are also eligible to apply, but they are required to show their exam report at the time of counselling (with the required minimum marks).
What are the stages covered in BHU-UET?
Before appearing for the BHU BSc biology exam, the candidates should know all the details about the steps involved in the entrance exam. Keep the following steps in mind:
- BHU UET Registration and Application Process
- Procedure for filling the application form of BHU UET
- BHU UET Admit Card released
- BHU UET 2020 Entrance Exam
- BHU UET 2020 Results Announced
- Counselling and seat allocation process of BHU UET
- BHU UET 2020 admission process
For detailed counselling procedure, read this article: Complete Counselling Procedure of BHU
Bachelor of Science (Biology) application form
For seeking admission into BSc biology course from Banaras Hindu University, candidates need to follow the given prescribed set of procedures of BHU which starts from –
- FILLING UP OF FORM- First and primary step to get admission is filling the form issued by BHU and available at official website in the month of January – February, every year. (bhuonline.in)
- ENTRANCE TEST- After that entrance examination is conducted by BHU across India at different centres either online or offline (majorly online). Of which candidates can download their admit card one week prior to the scheduled date from their portal on the official website.
- COUNSELING- Once after completion of test, counselling process starts based on the merit list of marks/ ranking that a candidate secured in the entrance test (BHU-UET).
- Around 2-3 times students are called in respect of available seats for this process. For e.x. if a course has 10 seats, around 20- 30 candidates are called for counselling in respect of course and available seats. The call letter is uploaded on their portal.
- At last, the final result is declared and allotment of college is made as per the preference of candidates for subjects and availability of seats.
Availability of Seats
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) course is an undergraduate course offered by the Faculty of Science and Mahila Mahavidyalaya.
|Location||Number of Seats|
|Faculty of Science||383 (male+female)|
|Mahila Mahavidyalaya||193 (Female only)|
|Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
BHU BSc (biology) Exam Pattern
It should be noted that the BHU BSc biology exam is conducted in online mode. Candidates can select the preferred mode while filling the BHU UET application form.
BHU-UET (BSc biology)
Offline or Online
10+2 or equivalent
No. of questions
Type of questions
Topics covered in the exam
(a) physics (b) chemistry (c) biology
50 questions from each topic
BSc Biology Jobs and Career Options
BSc Biology graduates can be easily employed within organizations soon after completing their degrees. Some of the most demanding areas for BSc Biology graduates in major organizations include:
- Biology Content Developer
- Biology Researcher
- Environment Consultant
- Farming Consultant
- Molecular Biologist
- Natural Resources Manager
- Plant Biochemist
- Plant Researcher
- Weed Scientist
Apart from the above-mentioned areas, there are many other fields which hunt for eligible who have completed B.Sc biology.
BSc Biology Scope
The demand for BSc biology graduates is increasing day by day and graduates can explore a wide career opportunity in various fields. The banking, Agricultural Research Organizations, biotechnological farms, food institutes, education sectors hunt for qualified graduates in this field who can help make their business more successful. Completing a degree in BSc biology is useful for graduates to get lucrative job opportunities which also give them smart salaries.
Industries that they can join after completing the course include:
- Testing Laboratories
- Biotechnology Research Institutes
- Seed and Nursery organizations
- Biotechnology Firms
- Government Colleges (Teaching and Research)
- Agricultural Research Organizations
- Botanical Survey of India
- Hospitals and Medical Research Centers
- Food Institutes
- Wildlife and Fishery Departments
- Public Schools (Teaching)
Students can also opt for higher studies after completing BSc biology. There are a few postgraduate courses available that can be chosen. Students can go for courses like MSc biology, MSc in Applied biology and MBA.