Bachelor of Science (BSc Mathematics) is one of the most popular undergraduate course amongst the students. It is a three-year course (6 semesters) which is offered by Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University. Admission in Bachelor of Science (BSc Mathematics) is based on the BHU-UET marks. If you are willing to pursue this bachelor degree from Banaras Hindu University, then you are at right page. Get complete information about Bachelor of Science (BSc Mathematics) course on this page including about the course, procedure of admission, eligibility, availability of seats and many more information. Just keep scrolling.
Admission is given to the students on the basis of BHU-UET marks. The qualifying students are required to clear a counselling round which is done only when they have passed their entrance examination.
|Course||Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)|
|Course Type||Regular (full-time)|
|Location||Faculty of Science + MMV|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|No. Of seats||573+96 (FoS + MMV)|
|Admission Procedure||On the basis of BHU-UET|
What is BSc mathematics all about?
The BSc Mathematics course is one of the best courses designed for those students who want to increase their awareness of the concepts of mathematics. The B.Sc Mathematics course includes Calculus, Algebra, Vector Calculus, Complex Analysis, Differential Geometry, Graph Theory, Trigonometry, Real Analysis, Differential Equation and many more.
Every year, Banaras Hindu University conducts a common entrance exam (BHU-UET) for taking admission into BSc mathematics. It is one of the most prestigious and highly ranked central universities in the country.
- Age of candidate should not be more than 22 years.
- Students should have completed 10 + 2 from a recognized academic board securing a minimum of 50% in the aggregate in the subjects Physics, Maths plus any one of the following: Chemistry, Statistics, Geology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Geography.
- Candidates applying for the 10 + 2 examinations are also eligible to apply, but they are required to show their exam report at the time of counselling (with the required minimum marks).
What are the stages covered in BHU-UET?
Before appearing for the BHU BSc mathematics exam, the candidates should know all the details about the steps involved in entrance exam. Keep the following steps in mind:
- BHU UET Registration and Application Process
- Procedure for filling the application form of BHU UET
- BHU UET Admit Card released
- BHU UET 2020 Entrance Exam
- BHU UET 2020 Results Announced
- Counseling and seat allocation process of BHU UET
- BHU UET 2020 admission process
For detailed counselling procedure, read this article: Complete Counselling Procedure of BHU
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) application form
For seeking admission into BSc mathematics course from Banaras Hindu University, candidates need to follow the given prescribed set of procedures of BHU which starts from –
- FILLING UP OF FORM- First and primary step to get admission is filling the form issued by BHU and available at official website in the month of January – February, every year. (bhuonline.in)
- ENTRANCE TEST- After that entrance examination is conducted by BHU across India at different centres either online or offline (majorly online). Of which candidates can download their admit card one week prior to the scheduled date from their portal on the official website.
- COUNSELING- Once after completion of test, counselling process starts based on the merit list of marks/ ranking that a candidate secured in the entrance test (BHU-UET).
- Around 2-3 times students are called in respect of available seats for this process. For e.x. if a course has 10 seats, around 20- 30 candidates are called for counselling in respect of course and available seats. The call letter is uploaded on their portal.
- At last, the final result is declared and allotment of college is made as per the preference of candidates for subjects and availability of seats.
Availability of Seats
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) course is an undergraduate course offered by the Faculty of Science and Mahila Mahavidyalaya.
|Location||Number of Seats|
|Faculty of Science||573 (male+female)|
|Mahila Mahavidyalaya||96 (Female only)|
|Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
BHU BSc (mathematics) Exam Pattern
It should be noted that the BHU BSc mathematics exam is conducted in online mode. Candidates can select the preferred mode while filling the BHU UET application form.
BHU-UET (BSc mathematics)
Offline or Online
10+2 or equivalent
No. of questions
Type of questions
Topics covered in the exam
(a) physics (b) chemistry (c) mathematics
50 questions from each topic
BSc Mathematics Jobs and Career Options
BSc Mathematics graduates can be easily employed within organizations soon after completing their degrees. Some of the most demanding areas for BSc Mathematics graduates in major organizations include:
- Scientific institute
- risk management
Apart from the above-mentioned areas, there are many other fields which hunt for eligible who have completed B.Sc Mathematics.
BSc Mathematics Scope
The demand for BSc Mathematics graduates is increasing day by day and graduates can explore a wide career opportunity in various fields. The banking, finance, insurance, risk management sectors hunt for qualified graduates in this field who can help make their business more successful. Completing a course in BSc Mathematics is useful for graduates to get lucrative job opportunities which also give them smart salaries.
Industries that they can join after completing the course include:
- The research
- technical Institute
- Software development companies
- Political, military, Intelligence bodies etc.
Students can also opt for higher studies after completing BSc Mathematics. There are a few postgraduate courses available that can be chosen. Students can go for courses like MSc Information Technology, MBA and MSc Mathematics.