Table of Contents
The Master of Science in Mathematics and Computing or MSc in Mathematics and Computing is a postgraduate degree that is offered by DST-Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University. The course is 2 years of duration. Admission in MSc in Mathematics and Computing is based on the BHU-PET marks. If you are willing to pursue this masters degree from Banaras Hindu University, then you are at the right page. Get complete information about MSc in Mathematics and Computing course on this page including about the course, procedure of admission, eligibility, availability of seats and much more information. Just keep scrolling.
Admission is given to the students on the basis of BHU-PET marks. The qualifying students are required to clear a counselling round which is done only when they have passed their entrance examination.
|Course||MSc in Mathematics and Computing|
|Course Type||Regular (full-time)|
|Location||DST-Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|No. of seats||Min: 10 & Max: 49|
|Admission Procedure||On the basis of BHU-PET|
- A candidate must have passed the B.Sc. (Hons)/B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc./B.A. under 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate (considering all the three years of B.Sc./B.A. Courses). The candidate must have opted Mathematics Hons. or studied Mathematics in all the three years at Graduate level.
- For B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Sc. only Science subjects and for B.A. (Hons)/B.A. all subjects except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet.
What is MSc in Mathematics and Computing all about?
The MSc Mathematics and Computing or Master of Science in Mathematics and Computing is a postgraduate course. Candidates are trained in basic mathematics, numerical computing and computer science. Computing training provides students with expertise in advanced IT skills such as Java programming, mathematics, C ++ and Internet systems. Students will need to undertake a project on mathematics or computing and its applications in its fields to develop their communication and presentation skills. This program prepares students for careers in research, software industry and scientific organizations.
What are the stages covered in BHU-PET?
Before appearing for the MSc in Mathematics and Computing, the candidates should know all the details about the steps involved in the entrance exam. Keep the following steps in mind:
- BHU PET Registration and Application Process
- Procedure for filling the application form of BHU-PET
- BHU PET Admit Card released
- BHU PET Entrance Exam
- BHU PET Results Announced
- Counselling and seat allocation process of BHU PET
- BHU PET admission process
MSc in Mathematics and Computing application form
For seeking admission into MSc in Mathematics and Computing course from Banaras Hindu University, candidates need to follow the given prescribed set of procedures of BHU which starts from –
- FILLING UP OF FORM- First and primary step to get admission is filling the form issued by BHU and available at official website in the month of January – February, every year. (bhuonline.in)
- ENTRANCE TEST- After that entrance examination is conducted by BHU across India at different centres either online or offline (majorly online). Of which candidates can download their admit card one week prior to the scheduled date from their portal on the official website.
- COUNSELING- Once after completion of test, counselling process starts based on the merit list of marks/ ranking that a candidate secured in the entrance test (BHU-PET).
- Around 2-3 times students are called in respect of available seats for this process. For e.x. if a course has 10 seats, around 20- 30 candidates are called for counselling in respect of course and available seats. The call letter is uploaded on their portal.
- At last, the final result is declared and allotment of college is made as per the preference of candidates for subjects and availability of seats.
Availability of Seats
MSc in Mathematics and Computing course is a postgraduate course offered by the DST-Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
|Location||Number of Seats (Min)||Number of Seats (Max)|
|DST-Centre for Interdisciplinary
Rs. 60,000 per annum
|Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
MSc in Mathematics and Computing Exam Pattern
It should be noted that the MSc in Mathematics and Computing exam is conducted in online mode. Candidates can select the preferred mode while filling the BHU-PET application form.
BHU-PET (MSc in Mathematics and Computing)
Offline or Online
10+2+3 or equivalent
No. of questions
Type of questions
Topics covered in the exam
questions based on graduate-level of mathematics subject
- The course is suitable for those who wish to conduct research in pure mathematics (especially algebra, number theory, combinations, general topology and their computational aspects), mathematical logic, or theoretical computer science.
- It is also suitable for students wishing to enter the industry with an understanding of the mathematical and logical underpinnings of many modern technologies in information technology.
- He has analytical and problem-solving skills; A high standard of numeracy; IT qualifications and computer-modelling experience; Research and report-writing skills.
- Candidates should have creative and independent thinking; Time management, planning and organizational skills; Professional awareness and business acumen.
How is this course beneficial?
- The course is beneficial for those who want a little exposure to everything — mathematics, computer science, programming, and more. This will give you many varied options later.
- The course offers a wide range of employment opportunities in mathematics, computing, operations research and secondary teaching.
- The degree will allow students to delve into the following career fields: modelling and quantitative issues in financial markets, derivative instruments and securities, hedging and financial risk management, asset allocation and investment management, quantitative trading and arbitration, corporate and public financial policy, computers and Information Technology in the Financial Services Industry.
- The curriculum provides them with leadership such as a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction for the job.
- Colleges & Universities
- Banking & Finance
- Audit Departments
- Stock Exchanges
- Transportation Units
- Marketing Companies
- IT Companies
- Private Coaching Centres
- Associate Professor & Professor
- Subject Matter Expert
- Trained Graduate Teacher
- Executive Manager