If you are scrolling through different websites and webpage but not getting relevant, genuine and up to date information about B.Ed course in BHU, then your search ends here. One of the ranked University not only in India but also across the world is imparting quality edification in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed). Banaras Hindu University provides this course in various streams such as Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Science, and Language. One can choose the stream as per their choice and eligibility to design future in selective domain.
|Course||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)|
|Course Type||Regular (Full-time)|
|Admission Process||BHU-UET (based on merit list)|
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
- Applicants should have completed 10th/ Matriculation with ITT Course from recognized board/Institution at least with passing marks.
- Aspirants holding Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree with at least 50% marks in Science/Social Sciences/Humanities/Commerce are eligible.
- Students holding Bachelor degree in engineering/technology with specialization in Science or Mathematics with a minimum 55% marks are eligible.
A student shall be eligible only one of the given groups and to qualify for that the candidate must have at least one of the subjects falling under the group as a main subject during graduation or post-graduation. Groups for the same are:
Language- Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit
Science- Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Physics and Home Science
Mathematics- Mathematics/ Statistics
Humanities and Social Science- History (AIHC or Architecture) / Geography/ Economics/ Political Science or Civics/ Commerce/ Home Science.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is offered by Faculty of Education, which is under the powers conferred by Section 4A of the Banaras Hindu University Act 1915, as amended and under the provision of the Section 18 Act, the University hereby designed two-semester programme of the B.Ed. and B.Ed. (Special Education) degree and makes the following ordinances governing admission, courses of the study, examination and other matters relating to B.Ed. and B.Ed. (Special Education) Degree governed under the Faculty of Education, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- First of all, the most important thing is that candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- After filling the application forms student must qualify the entrance exam (BHU-UET) and complete all the other formalities required by the university for the sake of admission.
- The selection of the candidate for the admission would be based on the rank index of the entrance exam.
- After the declaration of the results, the actual procedure of admission starts. The head of the department issues a detailed call letters to the students who are selected for the counselling.
- The call letters will be available for the students on the portal i.e. bhuonline.in from there they can take a printout of that. Also, the call letter would be sent to the students on their respective mail I’ds.
B.Ed. entrance exam mainly cover the 5 sections given below:
- Verbal Aptitude
- General Knowledge
- Teaching Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- 15% seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 27% for Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates.
- 10% seats shall be reserved for the sons/ daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University.
- 3% seats are reserved for PC (Physically Challenged) candidates (visually impaired 1% + hearing impaired 1% + orthopedically handicapped 1%) provided they fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements and qualify in the UET.
- Admission under sports quota shall be done as per the University guidelines contained in the Information Bulletin for the concerned admission year.
Number of Seats and Fee Structure
Bachelor of Education offers 200 seats for Male and Female candidates which includes all the streams. The bifurcation of seats as per different groups and campus are-
Faculty of Education, Kamachha- Science (26), Mathematics (24), Language (24), Humanities and Social Science (26) Total (100) Male and Female.
Vasanta College for Women, Rajghat – Science (13), Mathematics (12), Language (12), Humanities and Social Science (13) Total (50) only for Female.
Arya Mahila Post Graduate College, Chetganj – Science (13), Mathematics (12), Language (12), Humanities and Social Science (13) Total (50) only for Female.
Admission Fee Hostel Fee
|Faculty Development Fund||1500.00|
|Lab Fee & Development Fund||100.00|
|Academic Assessment charge||200.00|
|Library Fee & Development Fund||50.00|
|Computer & Internet Facilities Fund||100.00|
|Student Health Welfare Fund||350.00|
|Extra-Curricular Activities Fund||170.00|
|Brdr’s/Dlgcy Union Fee||10.00|
|Student Union Fee||10.00|
|Student Welfare Fund||200.00|
|I’d Card & Pass Book||26.00|
|Alumni Activity Fund||50.00|
|Library Caution Money||300.00|
*Note: The fees may be revised by the Academic Council from time to time.
Placement and Career Prospects
The primary and foremost sector where Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) students can think for the job is Teaching. After completing this course one can easily get a job of a teacher in private schools. And if one’s quality CTET and other government-organized examinations then he/she can become the government employee.
Talking about placement, which is very rare in Bachelor of Education faculty. Students themselves find the appropriate connections or strategies to get placed after finishing the course. The other options that B.ed gives are-
- Own Educational institutions
- Research Scholar
- Educational Researcher