Table of Contents
DAV Post Graduate college also known as DAV degree college is situated in Varanasi affiliated with Banaras Hindu University. It is also recognized with A+ grade by NAAC in 2017. It is the only NAAC accredited A+ college in Uttar Pradesh. DAV PG College was established by Pt. Ram Narayan Mishra and Shri Gauri Shankar Prasad on 1st May, 1938.
|Affiliation||Banaras Hindu University|
|Established on||1st May 1938|
|Location||Kabir Chaura, Varanasi|
|Student Type||Male & Female|
|Official Website||DAV PG College|
History of DAV PG College
In 1938, DAV PG college was started as an intermediate college only. BHU granted degree status to DAV PG college in 1947 and a permanent affiliation was granted in 1954.
In the same year, i.e., in 1954, DAV PG college started UG courses in Arts, Commerce, and social Sciences. After that, in 2010-2011, with the permission of Banaras Hindu University, DAV degree college introduced postgraduation courses in psychology, political science, and English.
Facilities Offered by DAV PG College
- Alumni Association
- IT Labs
|B.A. (English)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (AIHC & Arch.)||3 years||Faculty of Arts|
|B.A. (History)||3 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|M.A. (English)||2 years||Faculty of Arts|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 years||Faculty of Arts|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 years||Faculty of Arts|
|M.A. (AIHC & Arch.)||2 years||Faculty of Arts|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|M.A. (History)||2 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 years||Faculty of Social Science|
|B.Com||3 years||Faculty of Commerce|
|M.Com||2 years||Faculty of Commerce|
As DAV PG college is admitted to the privileges of Banaras Hindu University, so students are admitted to the college through the Central Admission Committee formed by the University after qualifying UET/PET.
At the time of counseling, students need to fill the college form of DAV for seeking admission into the college.
DAV PG College has established separate office for the remedial coaching. A photocopier, laptop, printer, furniture, separate book-shelve in library are available.
In session 2010-2011 remedial coaching was conducted in the subjects of Commerce, Economics, Sanskrit, English, AIHC & Arch., Psychology, Political Science, and Hindi.
LIBRARY & LABS
- The library is managed by a full-time librarian, one Professional Assistant, one Semi-professional assistant, three Library Clerks, and six Library Attendants.
- The college has a spacious and well-maintained library. Such strength of library staff enables our library well maintained and stacked.
- The library, besides 40,358 of textbooks, also possesses 4,413 reference books. The library has subscribed to 35 journals, 434 e-books.
- Along with this, a separate e-library has also been set up and the facility of INFLIBNET is also provided. It takes teaching-learning experience to a new level.
- The stocks of the books in the library have been automated.
- The Main Library has 14 computers with Internet facility, a scanner,1 photocopier and 2 printers.
- The library has been extended (e-library) in terms of reading area for students and a separate space for research scholars (with 19 desktops, 1 printer and 1 photocopier) with INFLIBNET facility.
- Separated reading rooms are provided for UG, PG and PhD. Research students.
- Reprographic facility is also provided for teachers and students with Xerox machine. A printer cum photocopier is also used in the library for the printouts & photocopies as per the copyright policy.
The Department of Commerce, DAV PG College is very fortunate to have the first Commerce laboratory in the entire northern part of the country. It is established to impart practical knowledge regarding Banking, Taxation, Accounting, Stock Market Trading etc. to the students of Commerce.
The Commerce Laboratory has 21 Computer Systems, One 56” LCD Monitor, 01 Laser jet Color Printer cum Scanner and 02 Almirah.
The Department of Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology (AIHC&A) has established its ‘Archaeology Lab’, to impart practical aspect of Archaeology and Numismatics.
Laboratory utilized for scientific researches in the field of Archaeology and Numismatics related studies.
The Department of English, DAV PG College has established its ‘Language Lab.’ which has its direct impact on the capability building of students and scholars as well as it prepares the students to face the global challenges. Even the faculty members are also given exposure to this facility. Language Lab has software which offers self-learning module on functional English, Advanced communications skills, soft skills etc.
How to Reach
DAV PG College is situated at Ausanganj in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It is about 2.1 km from Varanasi Cantt Railway station. One can easily reach there by Autorikshaw or by cabs. The locality of DAV PG college is Kabir Chaura.