THE SOUTH CAMPUS OF BHU is situated in Mirzapur (Barkaccha) popularly known as Rajiv Gandhi South Campus. These three girls hostels are there in the campus premises in which all the girls are accommodated. Girls hostels are named as Nilgiri, Himadri, and Vindhyavasini. In Nilgiri, all the fresher students are accommodated whether UG or PG. In Himadri, the 2nd and 3rd year are accommodated but 1st-year veterinary students are accommodated in the Himadri girls hostel only. In Vindhyavasini, 2nd and 3rd year and PG students are accommodated. Now we will talk about rules and regulations.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF GIRLS
The students should remember that the hostel is the home of the students in the campus and they should behave themselves on the campus as well as outside in such a manner so that dignity of the institution is maintained.
Behaviour & Discipline
• Residents are expected to display acceptable forms of behaviour anywhere within the hostel compound and the institute premises.
• Noise level, the volume of the music system, etc. Must be kept low all the time. These rules are intended for the residents to follow so as to achieve a conducive living environment for all the students.
• Pranks, ragging and rowdy games in any form are strictly prohibited.
• Strict disciplinary action will be initiated if resident/s is/are caught committing a crime or theft of any kind and the case may be referred to the city police for necessary action under IPC and resident/s may be evicted. Prior to eviction, resident/s will have to settle all outstanding charges where deemed applicable including forfeiture of an un-utilized period of the rent paid.
• Vandalism is a very serious offence. Residents found guilty of committing such an offence may be evicted from the hostel.
• Residents shall dress in appropriate attire at all times within the hostel vicinity especially in the dining area.
• Residents are not allowed to keep weapons and threatening items in their possession in the hostel and institute premises.
• Possession and consumption of intoxicants and any kind of substance abuse is strictly prohibited in the hostel and institute premises or on outside official visits such as training/tour/camp/fieldwork etc. Any infringement of this order or visiting any place declared out of bounds to students will result in disciplinary action against the students concerned.
• Residents are solely responsible for their activities outside the institute premises and should follow the accepted norms of socio-legal behaviour.
• All the residents will remain present at the time of roll call.
UPKEEPING OF THE HOSTEL
• Residents are responsible for the upkeeping, cleanliness and tidiness of their rooms at all times including the common areas in the hostel such as the lounge area, dining rooms and bathrooms for the convenience of the next users.
• A resident should check the fitting and fixtures of the room at the time of occupation. If there is any deficiency or inadequacy, it should be brought to the notice of the hostel staff.
The residents shall be responsible for the fitting and fixtures of her room and shall see to it that they are in order at the time of handing over of the room when she leaves the hostel.
• Use of electrical appliances like heaters, hotplates, etc. In the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
• All the fans, lights and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
• Placing bags/baggage or unwanted items outside the room or anywhere in the hostel except the allotted rooms is not allowed to avoid obstruction to other residents.
• Common hostel furniture must not be moved from its existing position/place without the consent of the hostel authority.
• Alteration of furniture, fixtures, etc. Provided by hostel authorities is strictly prohibited.
• Residents sharing common facilities within a room of the hostel shall be liable for a joint payment towards the cost of repair or loss of the facilities within the room in the event of loss/damage to the facility. In no case, such damage or loss is attributable to a single resident.
• The hostel management reserves the right to enter, inspect or spot checks the rooms in the interest of proper conduct of the residents or the orderly and efficient administration and proper use of the rooms, or to maintain or repair the premises but only in the presence of the residents.
List of Girls’ Hostel
|1. Vindhyawasini Girls’ Hostel|
|2. Himadri Girls’ Hostel|
|3. Nilgiri Girls’ Hostel|
• All visitors must register at the security counter of the girl’s hostel and provide all detail and documents for verification as requested by a lady security guard.
• No visitor shall be allowed o loiter around the hostel vicinity except the visiting room.
• Visitors are not allowed to use the hostel facilities.
• Visitors are not permitted to stay overnight in the hostel without the prior consent of the warden/ hostel management.
• Residents are not permitted to allow visitors ( including residents) of the opposite gender into their rooms at any time. The hostel section reserves the right to evict any resident who does not comply.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL THE RESIDENTS, THE FOLLOWINGS ARE TO BE OBSERVED
• Residents must return to the hostel by 6:00 pm daily applicable up to September month. From October, the returning time is 5:30 pm daily for their own safety.
• The residents who need to stay out after the stipulated time must take prior permission from the warden in the prescribed form available with the warden’s office and sign a declaration of their purpose in writing well in advance (1 day prior). It is necessary to furnish the details like their contact numbers, expected return time and their whereabouts during the allowed time.
• Residents are not allowed to stay outside the hostel overnight for their own safety.
• Residents who need to stay outside the hostel can be permitted only if their parents or local guardian are with them. For this, parents or local guardians must make a declaration of their purpose; furnish their contact details and expected returns date and time. This permission is to be obtained from the warden, in writing 1 day prior.
• Residents are responsible for their personal belongings and valuable items like cell/mobile phones, laptops, and money etc. and should ensure that the doors and windows of their rooms are properly secured at all times. The institute is not responsible for any loss of personal items.
• The entry of a private servant is not allowed in the hostel.
• In case of emergency outside office hours, please contact the warden or matron or any other hostel authorities available at the point of time.
• 24*7 ambulance service is available for the students.
• Any cause of the illness is reported to the medical officer/ hostel authorities immediately.
• If necessary, the resident will be shifted to the hospital at the discretion of the medical officer.
• It is advisable for the students to use mosquito nets, goodnight, etc. Since malaria and dengue are endemic here.
• The cleanliness of the room is to be maintained by the student herself.
• Badminton court is there. Residents are required to draw the rackets etc. From the lady guard and return it intact after their use. Shop and parlour facilities are also provided.
• Be considerate and cooperative to keep the place clean and tidy at all times for the next fellow resident.
• All the 3 girls’ hostels are facilitated with the mess system separately. They provide quality food with reasonable charges.
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Any new updates and announcements will be posted on the Notice Board only.
• The resident is advised not to paste any poster/announcement on the wall.
TERMINATION OF THE HOSTEL FACILITY
• Disciplinary action shall be initiated or hostel facility shall be withdrawn at any point of time without giving any notice, if the resident is misusing the facility or not following the rules and regulations of the hostel or found involved in any illegal activity anywhere inside/outside the hostel.
• Director / Dean / Chief warden / Warden reserves the right to deny/withdraw the facility of the students at any point in time without prior notice.
REVISION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
• The institute reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations, terms and conditions from time to time and will keep the residents informed of any changes in the form of the memoranda and/or notices on the Notice Boards.
• The resident residing at any of the hostels under the purview of this institution is governed by the rules and regulations herein mentioned.
• The resident found breaking any rules and regulations, terms and conditions at any hostel(s) under the purview of this institute are liable for expulsion from the hostel/ disciplinary action.
|HOSTEL FEES||INDIAN NATIONALS||FOREIGN NATIONALS|
|Mess Caution Money||800.00||1000.00|
|Fan Caution Money||1000.00||1000.00|
|Hostel Annual Maintenance Fee||50.00||50.00|
|Hostel Establishment charges||0.00||100.00|
|Hostel Development Charges||0.00||500.00|
|I.H. Annual Maintenance Fund||0.00||2400.00|
“A safety and pleasant stay in hostel depends on all cooperation and consideration of each and every resident of the hostel.”
Hope you find this useful !!