Among all the three girls hostels, Vindhyawasini hostel is the first girls’ hostel which was constructed in Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Banaras Hindu University. Vindhyawasini girls hostel accommodate girls of various courses like B.Sc(ag.), B.Pharma(ay.), B.Com, MBA(AB), M.Sc(Tech) B.Voc, M.Voc, M.Sc(PBT), etc.
It’s a three-story building that is divided into 2 wings (separate wings for UG and PG courses) with a total of 120 rooms. As the girls coming from different cities away from their homes for their education, Vindhyawasini hostel provides them a homely and peaceful environment with friendly and caring staff.
• Caretakers are present 24×7 for girls.
• The hostel has its own mess facility which provides quality food to students, 4 meals a day at reasonable price I.e 80 Rs. per day.
• Purified water facility with a water cooler on each floor.
• Regularly cleaned a common washroom with a hot water facility.
• An ambulance facility is provided in case of a medical emergency.
• All types of sport utility is present in the hostel for students such as badminton, volleyball, carom, chess, etc.
• A common Hall is present for recreation and gatherings.
• There are many celebrations organized in hostels such as Krishna Janmashtami, dandiya night, Diwali night, Saraswati Pooja, etc.
• In case of power cut generator facility are provided from 6 pm to 11 pm.
Rules of Vindhyawasini girl’s hostel.
• All the students are directed to put their signature on attendance register near the office between 6 pm to 7 pm by herself.
• All the girls have to inform their admin warden if they are coming late in the hostel.
• Girls are not allowed to go outside the hostel without 48 hours prior information in the form of leave application.
• Students are responsible for all their personal and valuable belonging.
• Mess fees should be paid before the 10th of next month.
• In case of any type of emergency, students have to inform the attendant on duty.
• Any kind of ragging is not allowed in the hostel.
Many students come and go away from this hostel every year and this hostel provided them with a good environment for study and feel like “A home away from the home”.
|HOSTEL FEES||INDIAN NATIONALS||FOREIGN NATIONALS|
|Mess Caution Money||800.00||1000.00|
|Fan Caution Money||1000.00||1000.00|
|Hostel Annual Maintenance Fee||50.00||50.00|
|Hostel Establishment charges||0.00||100.00|
|Hostel Development Charges||0.00||500.00|
|I.H. Annual Maintenance Fund||0.00||2400.00|