Table of Contents
Master of Arts (M.A.) is a full time 2-year master degree course offered at one of the esteemed university Banaras Hindu University (BHU). Students who wanted to go in-depth of their core subject and further in academics after completing their graduation usually opts this course. It depends on the students whether in which subject he/she has to continue further. The master’s course is commonly pursued in only one subject and there are no ancillary or compulsory subjects rather than there may be elective subject within and outside of the department. Students are provided with a degree of their course after completion of the course duration i.e 2 years.
|University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Course||M.A in Arts|
|Duration||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Admission Procedure||PET (Based on ranking)|
- Graduation under 10+2+3 pattern from any recognized university securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate including all subjects studied at B.A. level except those common subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree)mark sheet.
- The subject in which admission is sought must be studied in all the three years at graduation level.
- For seeking admission, the candidate belonging to General/OBC category must secure not less than 35% of the marks obtained by the topper of the concerned categories in the concerned test.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, a candidate must secure not less than 25% of the marks obtained by the topper of the concerned examination.
The candidate has to give the entrance test known as Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) for getting admission in the concerned subject. Admission process begins in the month of February-March. Aspirants can fill the entrance examination form. Entrance exams are conducted in the month of May-June. Candidates are given admission on the basis of marks secured by them in the respective entrance examination. Results declared in last week of June. Counselling procedure starts from the first or second week of July. Candidate get their call letters for the counselling and have to reach on the due date and time with the required documents. Firstly the counselling starts for the campus and then for the affiliated colleges, namely the Vasanta College For Women Raj Ghat, Arya Mahila PG College, Vasanta Kanya Mahavidyalaya Kamachha, DAV PG College and Rajiv Gandhi South Campus (RGSC). Candidates are required to fill the preference form of the colleges in which they want to seek admission.
- A.I.H.C & Arch
- History of Art
- Mass Communication
- Prayojanmoolak Hindi
- M.Lib. I. Sc (Master of Library & Information Science
- Manuscriptology and Paleography
- M.P.Ed (Master of Physical Education)
Special courses of Studies
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Corporate Communication Management
- Retail & Logistics Management
- Hospitality & Tourism management
- Food Processing & Management
- Medical Laboratory Technology
|Vasanta College for Women||111|
|Vasanta Kanya Mahavidyalaya||185|
|Arya Mahila PG College||222|
|DAV PG College||175|
|Rajiv Gandhi South Campus||297|
These are the total number of seat availability for Master of Arts in different subjects offered in the main campus and affiliated colleges of Banaras Hindu University.
Depending on the subject choice, career opportunity is ample in every field. One has to do a lot of research for opting the right opportunity. After pursuing the Master of Arts course, one can go for the PhD program and an assistant professor job. One can look in the corporate sector with foreign languages as strength. Scholars can also apply to become a subject teacher of Indian languages like Bengali, Telugu. With mass communication as a subject, areas of work can be radio, television, corporate communication, magazines, event management etc.