Every country tries to improve its economy. The modern world requires highly skilled and trained employees. In the past, managing trade and commerce was so easy. But now due to highly developed industries and high growth rates of population, the requirement of commerce education is increasing day-by-day. Willing to pursue a career in finance, want to be a marketing professional, want a job in HR (Human Resource), looking for a career in banking? The Banaras Hindu University has many courses related to commerce UG and PG both. This article is a detailed analysis of the under-Graduation course offered by BHU in the faculty of Commerce. i.e., Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com).
|Course||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Course Level||UG level|
|Duration||3 years (full time)|
|Admission Procedure||UET (based on merit list)|
It is important for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria if you are willing to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce from BHU. The norms are:
Age Limit: The age of candidate should not be more than 22 years.
Eligibility Conditions: Candidates must have passed his/her 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Commerce/ Economics/ Maths/ Computer Sc./Finance/Financial Markets Management/Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as one of the subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and must have passed in the concerned subject (as supported by the Certificate issued by the Examining body).
- The first and the most prominent that the candidate should fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- The student must appear and qualify the entrance test (BHU-UET) and complete all the formalities related to the course to take admission.
- The selection of candidates will be completely based on their Merit Index in the entrance exam.
- The actual admission will start after the declaration of the results. The Admission Committee of the department will do the procedure. The Head of Department will issue e-call letters to the selected candidates to appear for counseling procedure with certain documents.
- The call letters will be available on the BHU portal, i.e., bhuonline.in . Login to the portal to download and print the call letter. The information to selected candidates will prevail through their provided E-Mail I’d or Mobile Number. Candidates are advised to give correct information.
- The hostel will be allotted to the students on the basis of the Merit Index and distance of the college from their residence.
Number of Seats
|Institute||Number of Seats|
|For B.Com (Hons.)|
|Faculty of Commerce (Main Campus)||286 (Male and Female)|
|Arya Mahila PG College||96 (Female only)|
|DAV PG College||227 (Male and Female)|
|Vasanta College for Women||96 (Female only)|
|Rajiv Gandhi South Campus||114 (Male and Female)|
|For B.Com (FMM)|
|Faculty of Commerce (Main Campus)||62 (Male and Female)|
|Rajiv Gandhi South Campus||62 (Male and Female)|
Candidates will be allotted reservation seats only if they will submit self-attested certificates in order to prove that they belong to this particular category. The reservation is done on the following basis:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disability (PC)||5.5%|
The Application Form for the course is available on the BHU portal itself, i.e., bhuonline.in . Candidates need to fill their qualification details, communication links, and personal details in the form. Candidates need to upload their passport size photographs along with their signature in the form. The last step is to pay application fees. They can pay online (Net-Banking) or through Challan in banks via cash. The application fees is Rs. 600/- for others and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PH. The issuance of the Admit Card begins 7 days prior to the entrance test.
Career Opportunities Placements
Campus Placement is done by various companies on the basis of the achievement & skills of the student. The person choosing the commerce field as his career has vast options to pursue. A Bachelor’s in Commerce fulfil the most demanded and high paying professional qualifications of the corporate sector, Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretaryship (CS), Cost and Management Accountancy (CMA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Management (FRM).
If you are willing to choose commerce as your career, let it not be to avoid math or to put less effort and get more results, unlike other fields. Choose your career (path) seriously and willingly.
(BHU-Express is on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel by clicking here to stay updated with all the latest campus news, admission updates & college events for free!)
Pingback: Faculty of Commerce, BHU, Varanasi - BHU Express