BHU Final Year Exam 2020: Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will conduct Open Book Examination (OBE) for the students of the terminal semester of the academic session 2019-20.
What is Open Book Examination?
Open-book examination (OBE) allows students to take notes, texts or resource materials during examination. They test the ability of students to find and apply information and knowledge, so are often used in subjects that require direct reference to enactments.
BHU OBE Manual and Mock Test
For practical exposure of writing the examination in OBE mode, Mock Test will be provided on the portal in between 30th August — 3rd September 2020. OBE Manual is also available on the portal.
Here is the schedule of the BHU OBE mock test:
|Date||For Under Graduate Students||For Post Graduate Students|
|30-08-2020||09:00 am to 01:00 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|31-08-2020||09:00 am to 01:00 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|01-09-2020||09:00 am to 01:00 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|02-09-2020||09:00 am to 01:00 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|03-09-2020||09:00 am to 01:00 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
BHU Open Book Exam Instructions 2020
End semester examinations for the students of terminal semester of the academic session 2019-20 would be a timed online Open Book Examination (OBE). In this examination, students can take the examination remotely (from their home/ any other place) with no restriction on consulting books and other resource materials for writing answers.
The online Open Book Exam (OBE) system does not require the availability of an online platform for the entire duration of the examination. A PC/Laptop/Mobile Phone with internet connectivity is required
- initially at the commencement of examination for downloading the question paper from the portal and
- finally for uploading the handwritten answers sheets on the portal.
What to do on the day of Examination?
The students are required to login to the examination portal at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their examination. After the commencement of the examination, they can download the question paper from the portal (www.bhuonline.in) and before the scheduled closer upload the handwritten answer sheets using the tools available on the students’ portal.
Total duration of BHU Open Book Exam
The total duration of the examination will be 4 hours (Four hours), which includes the time for downloading the question paper from the Portal, writing the answers by hand and uploading the hand-written answer sheets on the portal. For the PwD students, the total duration of the examination will be of 6 hours. After the scheduled time of commencement of the examination, the time left for the end of the examination will be displayed on the students’ portal.
Pattern of BHU OBE Question Paper
The Question Paper shall contain 08 questions out of which students will be required to answer any 04 questions. The question paper will be of 70 marks with each question carrying 17.5 marks.
How to download the Question Paper?
- The Question Paper shall be available for download from the student portal only.
- The Question Paper download button will be visible only against the paper scheduled on that date. The Question Paper download button will get activated at the commencement of a particular session of examination as per the time-table notified by administration.
- Students are required to click on the download button to download the question paper on the Desktop/Laptop/Phone. They can also take the printout if required during the examination.
- After the closing time of the examination, the download facility of concerned question paper would automatically get disabled.
How to write the answer of the questions?
- The answers should be written by students in their own handwriting unless a scribe has been permitted as per rules. Typed answers shall not be accepted.
- Answers should be hand-written on a plain white A4 size paper using a black or blue pen.
- Each question can be answered in a maximum of 350 words in 3 A4 size sheet (single face).
- Answers to each question should start from a fresh page. All pages are required to be numbered and the examination roll number should also be written on each page.
- Students will write their Course Name, Semester, Examination Roll Number, Paper Code, Paper title, Date and Time of Examination on the first sheet used for answers.
How to Upload answer sheets on the portal?
- Option for uploading the answer sheets is available on the students’ portal.
- Students are required to upload answer-sheets of each question answered by them only against the concerned Question number given in the upload section.
- Students have to upload the handwritten answer sheets within the total duration of the examination, Those who are unable to upload the answer sheets on the portal within the duration of the examination would be treated as ‘ABSENT’ in the concerned paper/examination.
- After uploading the answer sheets on the portal, the students must cross-check that uploaded images/ scanned files are legible.
- Once the answer sheets are finally submitted by clicking ‘Leave and Finish’ button on the OBE module, no change in the uploaded answer sheet/s will be possible.
- After the closing time of the examination, the upload facility for uploading answer sheets of concerned question paper would automatically get disabled.
What is a student failed in the OBE?
For the students who fail or fail to appear in the ensuing terminal semester examinations for cogent reasons, supplementary examinations will be conducted tentatively in the month of November 2020, after the declaration of results of terminal semester examinations. The supplementary examinations for the students of terminal semester of the academic session 2019-20 will be held in online OBE mode only.
Students Who Cannot Appear for the OBE
Students who are unable to appear for the Open Book Examination (OBE) will get another chance to appear for the conventional mode of the exam.