After the declaration of BHU-UET/PET exam, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts counselling for all eligible candidates who wish to pursue their undergraduate/postgraduate courses from the university. This year, the counselling process of BHU UET/PET 2020 will be conducted in online mode and the candidates have to go through three stages for getting admission into BHU.
- Online choice preference,
- allocation of seats,
- reporting to the allotted college/faculty.
As a part of the counselling process of BHU UET/PET 2020, candidates have to fill the online option and then provide relevant documents for the verification process.
To appear in BHU UET 2020 counselling, shortlisted candidates will need to download their call letters from their portal, which they will be able to access by using their roll number and date of birth. It should be noted by the candidates that BHU UET/PET 2020 counselling process will be done on the basis of rank and category of the candidate. Once the counselling process is completed, the university will start allocating seats to candidates in their respective courses.
Candidates can check all related information about BHU UET/PET counselling, detailed procedure, documents required and other details on this page.
Step by step consultation process of BHU UET/PET 2020
To participate in the counselling process of BHU UET/PET 2020, candidates can go through the step by step counselling process which are listed as follows:
- Online choice preference:
In order to participate in the BHU UET/PET 2020 counselling process, candidates have to fill the online preference entry. The university will issue an electronic call letter to the candidates and they will be informed about the call letter through an SMS and an e-mail. To access the BHU UET/PET 2020 call letter. Candidates have to visit the Entrance Examination Portal and fill the online preference entries.
- BHU Seat Allocation Process:
Once the candidates fill and submit the online preference entries, the candidates will be called to appear in the session-wise counselling and the seat allocation process will start for the candidates. There will be seat allocation, depending on the marks of the candidate based on the entrance examination, preferences, and seat availability. As a part of the BHU UET/PET 2020 seat allocation process, candidates must sign an attendance sheet, once they have reported to the counselling venue on the specified date.
- Final admission and reporting in the institute:
The last phase of BHU counselling process is to report to the allotted college/faculty. Candidates can pay the entry fee either through offline mode by using credit/debit card and through cash at the counters in the counselling venue. If a candidate fails to pay admission within a given time, he/she will not be given admission.
Documents required for verification for BHU UET Counselling
Following are the documents required during the verification process of BHU UET 2020:
- Marksheet of 10th class exam
- Passing certificate of 10th class exam
- Marksheet of 12th class exam
- Passing certificate of 12th class exam
- BHU-UET call letter
- BHU UET Admit Card
- Print out of choice preference form
- Transfer/Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate
- Sports category certificate for candidates from sports quota (if applicable).
- Certificates issued by the Central Registry for the permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University/sons/daughters of re-employed/retired/deceased employees (in case of BHU employee quota).
Documents required for verification for BHU PET Counselling
- BHU PET Admit Card
- BHU PET Call letter
- BHU PET Scorecard
- Provisional seat allocation letter
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Passing certificate of class 10th
- Mark sheet of class 12th
- Passing certificate of class 12th
- Mark sheet and provisional certificate of bachelor’s degree
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration certificate upon passing from a university other than BHU
- Reserved quota seats are claimed on the basis of SC / ST / OBC certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate in support of the claim for sports seats (if applicable)
- Certificate of being a permanent in-service employee of BHU / son/daughter of retired / unemployed/deceased employee in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registrar (in case of BHU employee quota).
What will be the details mentioned in the BHU UET/PET Provisional Admit Card?
The provisional admit card will contain the following details:
- Counselling Date
- Admission course
- Last date for payment of entry fee
- How to pay the entry fee
- Regular Fee (Entrance Fee) / Paid Seat Fee (Regular Fee + Paid Seat Fee)
Important points related to BHU UET/PET counselling process
Some important points about BHU UET/PET counselling that candidates can point out:
- BHU UET/PET counselling is conducted on the basis of various factors, seat availability, BHU UET/PET merit list, choice or choice of candidates.
- To be shortlisted for BHU UET/PET Counseling, candidates must meet the BHU UET/PET eligibility criteria.
- Once candidates are shortlisted for the counselling process of BHU UET/PET, they will be sent electronic call letters to their registered accounts. They can receive information through SMS or e-mail.
- On the day of BHU UET/PET counselling, candidates will need to verify their documents to the allotted venue and the faculty head or in charge of BHU UET/PET will be responsible for verifying their documents on the day of counselling.